cant polish a turd pete!
    cant argue with the mechanics but the styling just doesnt do it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    cant polish a turd pete!
    cant argue with the mechanics but the styling just doesnt do it for me
    Actually you can polish a turd according to Mythbusters

Got rice bitch?!?

I like mythbusters

Must have strong internals to run 26psi. That's a lot of kw for a 2 lit.
    very impressive

Same boost and power output I had on my Evo, but I had to run E85 to get there. Impressive performance but I have to agree on the looks, it sucks! And my Evo cost a lot less as well.

But the interior is impressive. I know where the extra $$$ are being spent

Peter "SLIXX"

Stats as per video

AMG A45
    0-60mph: 4.1secs
    1/4mile: 12.6secs @ 112mph

AMG CLS63
    0-60mph: 4.0secs
    1/4mile: 12.8secs @ 110mph

i dont mind the look of it, looks a bit girly but goes like all hell

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    i dont mind the look of it, looks a bit girly but goes like all hell
    I rekon if it was in full black, lowered with some decent wheels it would look better
    I would go full super stealth on it (dunno why)

Def need some decent lowering though, will give more of an aggressive stance

--------------------Edit--------------------
    Its a bit "Dr Jeckyl, Mr Hyde" from the front to the back. It needs more wow or "out-there" factor at the back
    and bigger spoiler, nicer pipes
    Its too, "Just taking the kids to school look"
    It needs more, more
    Last edited by slixx; 18-06-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

The GTI and R32 veedubs might be a "cheaper" option, but one can start to see why when VW's aren't cloaking themselves in glory right now. For a long time I have noted the review magazines coming up with such observations as "beware the VW reliability issues" and "sell before expiry of warranty". I got howled down more than once on this but have been proved right to a degree. I'm not 'agin' VW, I was actually surprised at these comments as I had believed VW to be well-built, and I think the bodies are nice and tight and well-proofed. But the engines and gearboxes are proving to be a headache across the VW range, including many Audi issues, with tens of thousands of recalls across a wide range of models now. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

BTW, I reckon the small Merc looks better than the Bimmer 1 series hatch, which always looks a bit sawn-off. The Bimmer 1 Series coupe has better lines. Merc is better built and typically far more comfortable to drive and they don't usually rely on run-flats and stiff springing to get good handling. I'd spend $80K on this before a similar amount on the BMW, once they have it sorted.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 18-06-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

I find amusing the argument of this car is better than that because its faster, more power, handles better, cheaper etc etc etc.
    People never ever talk about things like build quality, features, equipment etc etc.
    the build quality on the Mercedes is miles ahead of VW.
    You get what you pay for. And there is more to a car than performance.

Once merc builds an AMG its all over. Doesn't matter what model it is. I mean look at the S class AMG the 2010 model I think has 1000+ Nm of torque even the E class AMG and now the A class AMG. They IMO are the best manufactures of cars by far and they set the standard for all the other German cars out there.
    You can't go wrong with a Mercedes!!
    But thats why you pay out of the ass for one.
    Got kebabs bitch??

And thats my experience coming from owning a Mercedes, 2 bmw's and an Audi.

Got kebabs bitch??

I find amusing the argument of this car is better than that because its faster, more power, handles better, cheaper etc etc etc.
    People never ever talk about things like build quality, features, equipment etc etc. The build quality on the Mercedes is miles ahead of VW.
    You get what you pay for. And there is more to a car than performance

BD581 - I guess that means we agree ;o)

A45 is hektic
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    People never ever talk about things like build quality, features, equipment etc etc. The build quality on the Mercedes is miles ahead of VW.
    You get what you pay for. And there is more to a car than performance

BD581 - I guess that means we agree ;o)
    Sure does.
    My 53 year old Mercedes has less creaks, squeaks and rattles than the MPS. More comfortable too
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Sure does.
    My 53 year old Mercedes has less creaks, squeaks and rattles than the MPS. More comfortable too
    You old fart
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by edmps View Post
    Once merc builds an AMG its all over. SNIP

Damn right! I drove a C63 AMG a short while back while eyeing off a few Mercs and it was dynamite, worth buying for the sound alone.

The BMW M3 with which it is routinely compared is a great handling car and goes like the hammers but rides like a barn door dragged over a stubble-field. Bimmer have a more holistic approach where they work to get everything mated well, while Mercedes tend to shoehorn the most fearsome engine into the body and then get an assortment of e-nannies to hold the power on the road and keep the nose pointed the right way. Which is best? - I guess it is up to the owners.

But put the two cars side by side or stick in the occasional passenger, preferably female, for a good well-driven (this is the key) blast on a winding road, and the Merc gets the passenger's vote almost every time - it's a totally raw sensation. To get even close to this in anything else is damn hard - the closest I can recall by way of raw sound and a chassis feeling alive with power is driving an open AC Cobra with a blown 454 and side-pipes, but it was different in many other ways. My Maserati Ghibli (4.7 litre quad cam) had similar sensations by way of horsepower trembling to be unleashed, a lovely raw transmission whine, a brutal push in the back on gear-shifts as the clutch bites home and way longer legs but, being enclosed and with lots of leather and velour, was more cossetted too. Cars like these just produce an insane grin at such times, but this stupid country with its speed wowsers and insane road regs stifle such pleasures.

I still get tempted by a C63 and if I didn't need a 4WD to cart my kayak around on, I'd buy one. At the same price we have the Nissan GT-R which I love but even that doesn't seem as visceral as the C63.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 19-06-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast