User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting for a 6 MPS

I'd check that out mate. Could be loosing boost and consequently working harder to get going which is using more fuel.

2. Default

Are the stock TMIC/piping prone to cracks? I can't tell if it might be leaking or not since I haven't had the car long. Seems to be fine tho.

Nothing much to crack there. The TIP is hard plastic and the stubs on the TMIC are short and massive. I'd be looking at clamps and connector hoses and chafe points.

I don't think I've ever seen 14l/100. Around town I get about 12 and on a trip around 8.5 - 9 and that is not driving like a granny. If you point and squirt you'll pull it down pretty easily. Check your driving style and smoothness. You don't need to use lots of revs as it is a very torquey motor that pulls from almost nothing. Most days you should never see more than 4000rpm even with occasional enthusiasm, but don't bog it along in too high a gear either, especially accelerating hard from low speeds (sub 2500 rpm) in 6th.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

5. Default

Cleaned MAF/IAT, filled the tank with 98 and put a hypertech Flash on the ECU.

Will see how my economy goes.

Hypertech makes it run worse (fuel-wise)....cause you put your foot down more! Hahaha. Good luck

7. Default

Done 300km, mostly in 60/70kph start/stop traffic. Driving like my mum would. Getting 12.7l/100.

Anyone with a AP want to check my air/fuel ratio?

I hope you are using all 6 gears. It might sound strange but believe me it happens!

9. Default

I'm usually using the highest gear I can without bogging it down.

I managed to get it to display over 100l/100km accelerating hard in 2nd. Lordy.

I drove all the way through the Genting Highlands with a Malay driver in his Mk III Ford Zephyr. I wondered, eventually aloud, why he never used 4th gear on the column shift (in Malay: "gigi empat" - literally, the "fourth tooth"). It turned out he had had a MkII Zephyr before and it was a three speed ("tiga gigi") and he never knew the later model had 4 gears on the column.

He went on to tell me he had always wondered why Ford had moved the 3rd gear position to the top, and why the car was much noisier and thirstier than the old one!!

As I said, it happens!!
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

11. Default

my 6 mps gets about 10.4l/100km.....i would die if i saw 14!!!.....ive only had it 4 weeks and its been drama filled so far....but hopefully all solved now so i can get on enjoying it!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12