User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting for a 6 MPS

1. Default Hunting for a 6 MPS

Hi everyone. Friend of Hopko's.
    Currently looking around for a Mazda 6 MPS.
    While there are also other cars I'd like (Sportivo/Swift/Colt Ralliart etc), this would be my preferred choice (insurance rules me out getting a 3 MPS oddly).
    Don't have the biggest budget, but I'm sure to find a tidy example hopefully sometime soon (trying to find a stock-ish one).

Currently have a Glanza V import as my daily. Nice to meet you all.

Default Hunting for a 6 MPS

Hey mate, one of the guys on here is selling his 6 at the minute and it's pretty tidy. Maybe have a look at it.

Default Hunting for a 6 MPS

Mine is for sale

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15129

Or search for MA12EE on carsales.com.au

Brett

4. Default

Good news everyone. Just picked this up. Stock standard with lowish km's.

Looking forward to catching up with you guys and getting lots of useful advice.

As also noted in a recent previous thread entitled : "2007 LOW km MPS 6 in black, white or red - Less than 60,000kms"

I am considering selling mine but it has not yet been advertized. It is a late 2005 bought new early 2006 with only 69,000km. A few sensible mods as per my signature. Not noisy, just a nice purposeful note when on-song but idles silent. Colour is Liquid Silver. Luxury with Bose sound, leather seats, electric driver’s seat and sun-roof. Excellent condition, rear seats virtually never used, front pax seat only occasional use. Boot space unmarked. Tyres rear 50%; front at least 65%. No track work, always warmed before loading up and cooled after a run, given respectable work, never clutch-dumped, launched, caned or over-revved. PM me if it grabs your attention. Based in Perth.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

6. Default

I don't need two of them Doug.

If I wanted to replace the outer rear bar (apparently it's just like a 'skin') where would I go? Thanks.

I reckon our posts must have crossed over as I didn't see your last posting - good to hear you found what you wanted. Enjoy!
    I assume you refer to the rear bumper. It's a large item although very light-weight (as is the front, which I have removed several times while fitting mods, to discover it can be picked up by about two fingers). I can only assume that short of buying from Mazda new, which could cost a fair bit, then finding a wrecked car might be the next option. Long odds I suspect. I see your photo shows parking sensors fitted to the rear bumper. Is this related to the reason you want to replace it, due perhaps to some paint damage around the sensors fitment? Unless there is major distortion or structural damage to it, then I'd suggest perhaps having it removed and professionally repainted.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 03-03-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

8. Default

I just wanted to see if I can replace it as it's had a small bump on the left rear (visible to the left of the left exhaust pipe), nothing to do with the parking sensors. They're proving very useful for me!

Also looking for a dash mat. Do ones for the MPS exist or is it the same dash as every GG Mazda 6?

9. Default

Nice car mate, how many kms does she have? Which area are you from?

I did get a dash mat for mine from Supercheap Auto - I had it ordered in as a custom fit. I think it was a stock Mazda 6 mat. It had a little flap to admit passage of the LH airbag. I had it edge-trimmed and monogrammed. However, I wasn't very impressed with the fit as it stood proud of the surface in different places and I finally removed it.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JYGF8 View Post
    Nice car mate, how many kms does she have? Which area are you from?
    SW Syd, 70kms on it.
    Replaced all four tires on it today. 18 inch wheels aren't cheap... My bank account is a bit sad at the moment haha.

12. Default

Comes up good after a clean. I'm not a fan of the 14.2l/100km fuel mileage I'm getting tho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	883000_405200139576412_2026186328_o.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	245.0 KB 
ID:	13848  

Congrats on getting your MPS6! I picked up my dash mat from a place called car west in a local shopping centre. They make-to-order so I could choose colour etc. You can also find some off-the-shelf at automotive hardware stores or ask one of the sales guys on how you can order one. I would assume it's the same as the standard Mazda 6 of similar year/model. I've owned a 6 and a MPS and think the dash is the same.

The 14.2L sounds a bit high mate! What sort of driving are you doing? If it's short trips and you're giving plenty of throttle then it's around that ball park. To give you an idea mine is high 11's low 12's around city and traffic. Hwy should drop to as low as high 8's or comfortable 9's easy enough. Try resetting your trip computer, running on 98 octane (I recommend BP ultimate with a high-turnover fuel station) Fill it right to the top (until it clicks) then I find I can fit another ~2L in the tank after than point. Less air in the tank the better. Check your tyre pressure, I run mine at 40psi so I would suggest AT LEAST 36-38psi depending on your comfort preference.

Might be wise to check out a few things like air filter (this can make a big difference on fuel economy), clean the MAF sensor, basically give her a once over.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

14. Default

Great post. Thanks rogwick. Will defo get onto some of the above.

No worries, glad it helped. Let us know how you go. I recently had my car running at 14.2L...turns out my TMIC has a crack in it. I was loosing around 5psi and working hard to get moving. Once fixed, I reset everything and averaged 8.5L driving from home to the city to dinner on a Saturday night. Proof that the car is capable of running comfortable 9's (or less) in low traffic and driving sensibly. Some times a lot of small changes can help with fuel economy :-)

16. Default

Cleaned out the MAF/IAT today (IAT was pretty dark on one side). Air filter was still mostly white so I just gave it a good blow. I do run it on 98. Will report back in a bit if it effects my Avg consumption.

The tricky thing is poor fuel economy could be from a number of different reasons or a combination of a few things. Would be good to test on a weekend. Reset the trip computer and go for a casual drive and try not to boost much (keep it under 5psi if possible) opt for low traffic and around 20km drive with minimal stops (at night would be a good chance) you should be getting 9.5 I would say.

Where abouts did your tmic have a crack? Might check mine.. Im sitting on ~14l city only driving though

I have an ETS cooler. The crack was on one of the welds (on the top at the back of the cooler looking at it from the top)

Have you a boost gauge/access to a dashawk to check your boost pressure. Could be a leak or something/loose clamp etc

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I have an ETS cooler. The crack was on one of the welds (on the top at the back of the cooler looking at it from the top)

Have you a boost gauge/access to a dashawk to check your boost pressure. Could be a leak or something/loose clamp etc
    Interesting, yeah I do boost seems ok but I want to do a leak test with an air compressor soon as Ive got some other strange issues, hopefully that should pick up any cracks/leaks. Im replacing all my hoses to silicone hoses first though
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast