User Tag List

Thread: excessive tyre wear / camber solution??

1. Default excessive tyre wear / camber solution??

has anyone formulated a definitive fix for the excessive inside tyre wear on the gen 2 mps?

i'm sick of replacing tyres every 20k kms despite frequent alignments, rotating and flipping the tyres..

Rear camber kit?

3. Default

funnily enough its my front that are worse ++ than my rear..

Camber kit! Good wheel alignment centre ... Ask for a bit more + camber than standard, as most places go off Mazda provided specs

5. Default

excuse my ignorance - does the front suffer from such a camber issue? can you fit camber kits to the front end? ill post my most recent alignment details

Default Re: excessive tyre wear / camber solution??

FULCRUM SUSPENSION thinks the rear camber kit is a waste. Adjustable toe arms are the only rear change they would make.

The fronts? Didn't think they were such a big problem.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Default excessive tyre wear / camber solution??

To adjust the fronts, you would need camber tops I would think. http://www.corksport.com/index.php?d...oduct_id=32777

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    FULCRUM SUSPENSION thinks the rear camber kit is a waste. Adjustable toe arms are the only rear change they would make.

The fronts? Didn't think they were such a big problem.

Camber and toe are adjusted at the same time from stock, right? Does that mean they adjust to get the correct rear camber, then fix the toe up independently with the arms? Sorry if i am getting that wrong, don't really understand the alignment stuff yet. Cheers

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

+1 @Yeldarb - Brad's advice. Rear toe arm adjusters + someone who is really familiar with our cars and this issue. That and the usual regular rotation of tyres and regular checks to ensure you majnrain 40psi should solve this. I've followed this sequence and after 10k my federal evos are wearing perfectly all round. Where are u based mate? I only let fulcrum browns plains near my car cause Scott is meticulous at get the alignment correct for my car.

I've got Rear Camber and toe arms... rotated My MAZ1's every 10,000km and have got 35,000km from them so far, still 4mm of tread left, in the year I've had them, only one alignment and there is no camber wear at all... it's all in a good alignment excess toe is the main problem... and I do 120km a day freeway and a mountain run to and from work

Never had an issue, my PS3 tyres have no inner wear and they have over 20k on them.

Should probably get another 20k from them.

Sent from my SGS3 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Never had an issue, my PS3 tyres have no inner wear and they have over 20k on them.

Should probably get another 20k from them.

Sent from my SGS3 4G
    Me too mate. 20k so far also. Looking good for at least 15k.

Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    +1 @Yeldarb - Brad's advice. Rear toe arm adjusters + someone who is really familiar with our cars and this issue. That and the usual regular rotation of tyres and regular checks to ensure you majnrain 40psi should solve this. I've followed this sequence and after 10k my federal evos are wearing perfectly all round. Where are u based mate? I only let fulcrum browns plains near my car cause Scott is meticulous at get the alignment correct for my car.
    thanks for the advice mate. did fulcrum supply and fit the toe arms adjusters? i can get to browns plains easily. interestingly, my first ever wear issue was with the right rear, mazda serviced it and it had the space saver on it when i picked it up. apparently a really 'reputable' aligner at bob jane realigned my car - having stated he has worked on a couple of MPSs and is familiar with the issue. i haven't had a significant rear issue ever since, but the front is really giving me problems... i have a huge amount of tread left on the fronts, and have had to order new front tyres coz the insides are so bad. they will be here this week, i'll fit them and might look at fulcrum for an alignment

No worries man, @2XS (Troy) supplied and I had Fulcrum fit when they did the alignment. I also had an anti-lift kit fitted at the same time, not that this relates to your issue...Scott and Nick are the guys to speak to. They take a lot of pride in the work and came recommended to me by another person who takes pride in his work @2XS Referral is KING IMO
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION