User Tag List

Thread: I have been CONVERTED!!!

1. Default I have been CONVERTED!!!

Hi guys, what's up.

The name's Kale, I'm a long time (don't hold this against me) Holden driver. I have always owned Holdens since the day I got my license. My last car was my most heavily modified, a VZ SS with just over 300kw at the wheels built to be a simple tough daily but also something that I could flog the crap out of at Powercruise each year

Anyway, now I've been converted. I've bought my first non-Holden, a brand spanking new gen 2 Mazda 3 MPS in the lovely pearl white. Even though it doesn't rip a skid quiet like the SS, I have fallen in love with it. When I sold the SS I was looking for a long time for a new car that was practical but still fun, but that's what i've found with the Mazda.

I test drove the typical competitors like the WRX, a Ralliart Lancer and even a Golf R. All very nice cars but the WRX/Ralliart just seemed a bit too boring and easy to drive with the AWD and the Golf R was just a bit to pricey and a little too small. I know this sounds weird to some, but I found the insane torque-steer in the MPS to be the selling point. It's crazy fun haha. The main selling point though was looking on a WRX owner's forum and seeing how many of them had been beaten by MPS's

Anyway, I've only owned my car for a bit over a month now but already painted the wheels black and did the good old resonator delete (which seems to be a popular mod). Looking to do the intake, rest of the exhaust, better brakes and a FMIC kit before Powercruise this year. Lets see how I go.

So yeah, that's me. Cheers everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	553350_10152380518925411_291748014_n.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	13643  

Wow that is quite a conversion!! Great to hear you chose the MPS over those other cars. Welcome to OzMPS =]

Default I have been CONVERTED!!!

Well done great choice,ma last car was xr6t n it was just boring n laggy. Mps is fun

4. Default

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum! love the look of black highlights on a white car.

Good to hear you tried the others and still landed on the MPS, good validation right there!

Theres heaps of info on mods etc. personally I've found some good bang for buck mods with the Cobb AP and an aftermarket Rear Sway Bar (RSB)

Congrats on the purchase mate, don't be a stranger to the forum, great community of guys and gals always willing to offer great advise & loads of encouragement!

Nice buy mate, once u start modding u will find there is a lot of potential in these little cars what state r u in (Qld, nsw etc) ?

My best mate who has 2012 VE SS and is getting a Supercharger for it cuz he wants to beat me ..

Attachment 13645 sexie black VE
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 08-02-2013 at 02:49 PM.

I had a worked VZ SS before my MPS also and I used to thrash it at Powercruise too lol. Welcome mate.

Default Re: I have been CONVERTED!!!

Welcome.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Congrats and Welcome!

Default Re: I have been CONVERTED!!!

Twin turbo!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

did u get all those mods done mate? Powercruise next week haha

welcome to the forum! Glad to see you've chosen to convert to the "mature" side of high powered vehicle owners definitely get a tune, either Cobb AP if you know how to tune yourself, you'll get loads more power out of your car and get rid of that boost killer that's programmed into the ECU, so much power can be gained from our cars without changing too much to the engine, you'll love the covertness of having a "sleeper" too (besides the bonnet spoiler... but that just adds to people thinking you're just a "ricer" or something like that, lol) then pulling up to a falcon or commodore and blasting them off in your "crummy little mums car" is a good feeling, haha

14. Default

Powercruise is in September Jimbo haha. I go to the Brissy one. The full 4 days, not Powerplay. I'm not driving over 1000k's just for one day :P

15. Default

congrats on the purchase,
    sounds like you already got your wallet open and if your reading the threads its hard to close again.
    what mods are you aiming for and what bhp do you wish to attain ?
    post a few pictures before you start modding as its always nice to see before and after pictures.
    good luck with your car.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bobster View Post
    congrats on the purchase,
    sounds like you already got your wallet open and if your reading the threads its hard to close again.
    what mods are you aiming for and what bhp do you wish to attain ?
    post a few pictures before you start modding as its always nice to see before and after pictures.
    good luck with your car.
    Cheers. Yeah the wallet is semi-open at the moment, trying to get my priorities in order before i start blowing too much dough on the car

mods wise, all i'm aiming for at the moment is to hopefully get the intake, intercooler and exhaust done by powercruise in september. Looking at getting onto the suspension and brakes after that.

Because i'm new to this whole turbo 4 cylindar scene i have no idea how easy it is to get power out of them. Ultimately, as long as i can smash a few v8's i'm happy haha.

Don't forget the fuel pump

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

18. Default

Well I've just fitted my first part to the car Nothing too dramatic, just a simple Turbosmart Dual Port BOV and I LOVE IT! I was really surprised that I didn't get a CEL or any other issues, it worked perfectly straight up. Not to mention it looks fricken AWESOME! They are huge compared to the standard setup but not in a bad way.

Only issues I had where that the vacuum line fitting just touches the air filter box and the engine cover wouldn't fit back on cos the trumpet on the BOV hit on it a little bit. Obviously fairly easy fixes. Just means that a new SRI will be the next thing on the shopping list and who really gives a crap about the engine cover haha. I'll be getting a front mount eventually so the engine cover won't have anywhere to attach after that anyway haha. 601819_10152842996225411_204962275_n.jpg

Congrats on your awesome purchase and taste and welcome!

Sent from outer space via satellite

Very nice mate. Love the plates too!!