User Tag List

Thread: Rear noise after suspension upgrade?

1. Default Rear noise after suspension upgrade?

Hi All,
    I'm looking for advice I have recently upgraded suspension to kings and B8s and one issue that has presented itself over the last few day since is At low speed generally under 40kmh there is a clunking noise in the back area. Kinda sounds like if your exhaust was hitting the underside of the car. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the new suspension? Any ideas anyone? I didn't put camber arms in as camber was only -1.5. I didn't replace any bushes either.
    At normal speeds the noise is not noticeable. It is very annoying all the same. I'm going to call Centreline and ask Chris anyway

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |
    ********Car is now for sale PM for details********

Default Rear noise after suspension upgrade?

Check the bolts that pin you shock absorbers in. Check to see that they have used the OEM bolts and are long enough

3. Default

Check the sway bar links...they can get loose and create a clunking noise

4. Default Re: Rear noise after suspension upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Check the bolts that pin you shock absorbers in. Check to see that they have used the OEM bolts and are long enough
    Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Check the sway bar links...they can get loose and create a clunking noise
    Thanks guys I am taking back to centerline so he can have a look and I'll get him to check both of these things.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |

Default Re: Rear noise after suspension upgrade?

I had my end links tighten during my alignment at Fulcrum. Couldn't be live how loose one of them was.

I'm still get a knock though over bad pieces of road, but could be all the junk in my trunk... Or boot... Haha

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

6. Default Re: Rear noise after suspension upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I had my end links tighten during my alignment at Fulcrum. Couldn't be live how loose one of them was.

I'm still get a knock though over bad pieces of road, but could be all the junk in my trunk... Or boot... Haha

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Hi guys I had my mechanic take a quick look tonight and as soon as it was on the hoist he pulled at the rear right end link and sure enough it was loose so a quick tighten of the nut, noise gone! Thanks so much for your advice. This is why I love this forum, very helpful people with the same car :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS