User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 Ipod Connector

Default MPS6 Ipod Connector

Hiya,

Has anyone got a picture of what the ipod connector to the back of the head unit looks like.
    Just want to make sure. Maybe JB HI FI sells them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EDZMPS View Post
    Hiya,

Has anyone got a picture of what the ipod connector to the back of the head unit looks like.
    Just want to make sure. Maybe JB HI FI sells them.

Thanks
    If its for a 6 I believe it goes through an adapter first for steering wheel function etc e.g. grom, xcarlink
    The connector goes from the rear of the headunit to this and then another from the box to the phone.
    eg
    http://www.therpmstore.com/store/i/i...0&bh=550&h=550

The plug itself looks similar to this http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/5...infront6jk.jpg
    Last edited by dazza; 04-02-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Cool thanks for that Daz.
    Will go have a look around for some.

Quote Originally Posted by EDZMPS View Post
    Cool thanks for that Daz.
    Will go have a look around for some.
    Not sure if it works without the grom or xcarlink you would have to buy first

Ipod connector plugs straight into the car's CD changer port - there is no direct connection to the steering wheel controls. When you use the dash or steering wheel controls, the head unit sends signal back to the GROM/Xcarlink to change tracks/playlists. There is an Australian distributor called Cushie Audio that sells GROM and Denison Ipod, USB and Bluetooth adaptors Car Finder | Cushie Audio