User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whereis V18 GPS Maps Update - $295

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Mazda Tom Tom is still an SD card.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    They are too mate, but they are free for the first update and $40 thereafter.............at least it is not a smack in the face like the Sensis one!
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Its true, the CX5 had it, and we haven't paid a cent so far for maps, but it's part of the TOM TOM guarantee that you will have current maps up to 90 days after you register the device for the first time.

Plus it actually sends updates back to TOM TOM each time you insert the SD card into the laptop and load TOM TOM Home.

But back in topic, it is a kick in the teeth but you'll have a useless bit of kit in you're car if the Nav is out of date, so what's the point. I may have done the same if we didn't have the CX5 for my wife to have the correct maps in the family car.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

The V18 update for the Mazda 3 is $195 on the Whereis website. Sounds better than $295!!!!

Can someone please tell me how to identify which mapping version is currently installed? I cannot find any reference to it in the manual.

I believe all Gen2 MPS still have the V16 maps, so likely to be at least 4 years old/out of date

I just installed Version 19 in my 2009 Gen2. The original was Version 15.

Still nobody able to copy these????

Bump....still nothing?????? I am not paying these bastards for an update. If anybody has any ideas, let me know please.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Bump....still nothing?????? I am not paying these bastards for an update. If anybody has any ideas, let me know please.
    this!

Mine has never been updated and so many new roads around now that "dont exist" on my nav.

So I am after an update too!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    this!

Mine has never been updated and so many new roads around now that "dont exist" on my nav.

So I am after an update too!
    i can't be effed paying when you can get full up to date free stuff on a smart phone like navigon when the in car one doesn't know where to go.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    i can't be effed paying when you can get full up to date free stuff on a smart phone like navigon when the in car one doesn't know where to go.
    Agreed... 300 is crazy price.
    If it was 100ish I would. But there has to be some other option

I installed version 19 a few months back. It was released in March or April this year, but was missing a major freeway in Vic that had opened in December. They let me return it. For the same money I purchased the latest Garmin 3597 with free lifetime maps (4 per year) and free traffic updates. Bonus is you can use the speedo function instead of the inaccurate Mazda speedo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12