ID:	13622

Default Illuminated mx5 gear knob fitted to mps 6

Quote Originally Posted by Supereunos View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gearknob.jpg 
Views:	580 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	13622
    I WANT NOW!!!!! I've been trying to workout how to fit the illuminated RX8 one on but there so hard to come by! Where did you find this one and how much was it ?

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    I WANT NOW!!!!! I've been trying to workout how to fit the illuminated RX8 one on but there so hard to come by! Where did you find this one and how much was it ?

Hey yeah i wasnt keen on the rx8 one mainly cause the H pattern was different the R is where our 6 is. it's a genuine part go to this link

Illuminating Gearknob, Leather Brushed Alloy, 6 Speed, Mk3 3.5 - Mk3 3.5 MX-5 Gearknobs Handbrake Sleeves 2005 - MX5 Parts Spares

the total cost with postage in AUD was a tad over $130

you need to mod it a bit to fit cause the base of the gearknob has a bit of a collar, but what you do is take the plastic ring off our gear boot,and turn it up side down that way the collar on the knob will fit nice. and of course reglue the leather back on the plastic of course you need to make a hole in the base of the plastic ring for the plug the to go through.

heres another link that shows you step by step what im trying to explain which was done to a mazda 3. its a bit harder when you cant remove the shifter so i just made sure the hole drilled in the ring was inline with the connector on the knob and found the easiest way, was fit knob and then when it was tight get someone to help to by holing the trim panel up so you can fish and get connector through hole and in

hope this helps you and anyone else reading

mazda illuminated gearknob • Mazda MPS Owners Club

Looks great! Job well done. The best part, it looks OEM too. I'd be happy with that. The thing I hate about the OEM MPS6 shift knob is the top comes off over time. I've swapped mine out for a sure motorsport one

Default Illuminated mx5 gear knob fitted to mps 6

Was going to do this a while ago but went heavy shifter. Looks good

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Looks great! Job well done. The best part, it looks OEM too. I'd be happy with that. The thing I hate about the OEM MPS6 shift knob is the top comes off over time. I've swapped mine out for a sure motorsport one
    It's a genuine mazda part Yeah im really funny when it comes to putting aftermarket things inside the car where possible,i like to keep it looking stock clean but better if that make sense