User Tag List

Thread: It all started with tyre quotes.....then

Default It all started with tyre quotes.....then

Finally the Bridgestones were starting to wear a little thin in their old age, 36000k for those who care, so I decided to start pricing tyres, my shortlist contained the Falken RT615, and the Yokohama Advan V103, both in a 225/45/18 size, so I started ringing around to price the Falkens, I could get them for 350ea.

Then on my way to work one morning, I stopped in at Bob Jane Tempe to price the Yokohamas, list price was 375ea......but out the corner of my eye I spotted a set of 19" BBoss Eleanors with 225/35/19 tyres sitting on the floor, are they second hand I queried.
    To which the reply was yes, Im selling them for a friend, and theyll fit the Mazda too, so a closer inspection was in order, tyres are a Toyo Proxes FZ4 with about 6mm remaining, rims are in pretty good nick, with very minor gutter rash in places.
    Dare I ask how much they are, expecting some ridiculous number to follow, he wants 1400 for them.......So here are some pics of my new rims + tyres.

I have since weighed the 2 wheels for comparisons sake ( mind you, this was done on my bathroom scales, which my wife constantly accuses of being heavy ), the stock rims with worn tyres weighed 20.4 kg, the BBoss with relatively new tyres weigh 21kg, so the unsprung mass is not really affected, I havent really had a chance to give the tyres a good workout, and they look a bit narrow on the wider rim, so I think the next set will be at least 235/35/19, maybe even a 245 if it will fit.

Very very very jealous...theese look the goods ...definatley suit the AB....

Can see those blue callipers now .....

HAAAWWWT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    Very very very jealous...theese look the goods ...definatley suit the AB....

Can see those blue callipers now .....

HAAAWWWT!!!!!

x2....+ That's some sexy looking paint you got there Matt....

4. Default

Looks tops ... good job

Blog Entries

looking good. I seriously considered these - and this size early on in my search.

Unsprung weight is surprisingly good - I would've expected them to be heavier, so that's awesome.

With regards new tyre sizes, I would strongly suggest 235/35R19 with rolled rear guards. I am fairly certain you will not be able to make 245 legal at the +45 offset these come in; 235 only just scrape in as it is with rolled guards.

Yeah, I thought 245 was a tad optimistic, and Im sure the guards will need to be rolled in the near future, the 225's seem to have quite a bit of clearance, but I havent driven on them much, so I'm sure any clearance issues will present themselves in due course.

looks so tight mate... hahah... stunning!!
    im not sure ow you will go with a 245.... but 235... mmm quite possible!!

noice man very noiceeeeee

i love how they sort of curve in slightly adds a hole other dimension to the car !!

Ya bastard :P
    They are the same ones I want

Look good mate!

Nice Rims!!!
    You got a good bargain there dude

Sweeeeeeeeeet . Look awesome Matt.