User Tag List

Thread: Cobb AP stage 1 98 v230 vs Cobb AP stage 1 + CS + TIH 98 v232

1. Default Cobb AP stage 1 98 v230 vs Cobb AP stage 1 + CS + TIH 98 v232

hello there,

I recently changed maps from stage 1 98 (no hardware mods at all) to stage 1 + CS + TIH 98 (with upgraded corksport intake and TIH and HPFP). Now I know the HPFP won't do anything in terms of performance gain however there was a noticeable reduction in power from 3000rpm upwards with the CS + TIH map in place, compared to no hardware + stage 1 98 map. Boost spikes to (only) 16.3 at WOT 2nd/3rd gear at the best of times whereas previously I would get 16.8-17 with only the stage 1 98 map. I also notice less pulling power with the CS + TIH map just from the general feel. Stage 1 98 seems to pull harder for some reason...

Has anyone experienced something similar before or know anything that could explain this phenomenon? Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers
    B

Default Re: Cobb AP stage 1 98 v230 vs Cobb AP stage 1 + CS + TIH 98 v232

Yes there is a difference
    Too late to explain fully...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

it is expecting a lot more fuel, if you have a stock pump it will not get that fuel. ALWAYS run a map to suit your mods or you are not going to get the most out of the map and also risk damaging the motor

4. Default

but i have more than what the map requires...? so it'll only be wanting as much fuel as the stock pumps can give?..
    i.e. i have sri + tih + hpfp upgrade on a stage 1 CS + TIH 98 map...

As in you already have the bigger fuel pump? I read it as you were running the map for the bigger pump without the bigger pump.

In that case you are going to be putting too much fuel in, load up a map for a HPFP and you will be fine.

The demand for fuel will be fed by the pump rate. Due to the bigger pump it is going to do more fuel for the same rate as the factory pump.

6. Default

correct. I already have the upgraded HPFP installed. Would that mean I could run a stage 2 map with CS + TIH 98 with no issue (despite not having a DP yet?)?

7. Default

the notes from the new 2.31 stage 2 maps require an updgraded HPFP and the following for the Exhaust Requirements: A Catted Turbo-Back System or Catted Test Pipe Exhaust

Source: https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu..._12%20v231.pdf

The biggest difference between the 2 maps is the removal of load based targeting in the maps.

This means, boost is generated purely on the waste gate duty cycle + boost comp table. And in warmer months, sometimes it's not enough for some cars to hit desired boost levels.

The load based sections have been zeroed out, and the waste gate duty cycle table hasn't been increased to compensate but the reason behind this is cause it's better to under boost in summer than over boost in winter.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Also, upgraded fuel pump doesn't mean more fuel into the engine, that's what upgrading injectors does...

Upgrading the fuel pump stops the pressure dropping, which can cause a dangerous lean condition, and cause your engine to go boom

Quote Originally Posted by mps3er View Post
    correct. I already have the upgraded HPFP installed. Would that mean I could run a stage 2 map with CS + TIH 98 with no issue (despite not having a DP yet?)?
    Check the Accessport faq thread for the map matrix of required mods per stage.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12544

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

12. Default

hmm..so it sounds like i shouldnt run a stage 2 maps without the DP/TP