User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overhaul of the For Sale/Market section

its one thing to have rules, not just template issues, but accross all rules and consistant with all admins. maybe add a new forum roll to ease the load that only look after the buy sell sections.

sorta like how you have admins and regionial staff.

Maybe instead of the username on a piece of paper, how about photos including that days newspaper. That way you can't use old photos from a previous sale, unless you can use Photoshop I guess.

Default Re: Overhaul of the For Sale/Market section

Username, date and forum name

I only have one question. Can I sell a red MPS 6, with NSW number plates, that resides in Victoria.....And does not belong to me?

Default Overhaul of the For Sale/Market section

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    I only have one question. Can I sell a red MPS 6, with NSW number plates, that resides in Victoria.....And does not belong to me?

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    You are VIP, so yes, yes you can!

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

How about using skype with serious buyers?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

If you local, go inspect the goods for yourself.

If you are interstate shouldnt be too hard to find someone who would inspect them for you.

In all seriousness, we are more at risk of scammers than some other forums, simply because we have a fairly low active member roll.

One of the best protections from scamming is the fact, that in a forum with a lot of active members, you run a bigger risk of being caught out as a shonkster.

This thought occurred to me with the recent increase in fraudulent transactions going on around here, though how to limit that risk, short of some fairly draconian measures, is not so easy.

I think an interim measure should be the following:

1. FS, GB, and Cost incurring Events limited to only paying members.

2. Increase the post count before FS, GB, or Cost incurring events can be made to a much higher number.

3. Selling member must be known personally to at least three Senior members. This means you have to be active in cruises or similar before you can sell. Three known Senior members must be tagged in FS, GB, or Cost incurring event thread. If they have any doubts on seller's integrity, then FS, GB, or Cost incurring event thread is removed by Mods.

4. Any FS, GB, or Cost incurring event must provide "Reasonable" proof of legitimacy. Any of the former that do not provide that "Reasonable" information are removed by Mods.

5. All proven breaches of ethics, integrity, or forum rules, result in immediate ban without exception.

6. Details of offenders are provided to Admin's, Mod's, and Owners of other forums by our forum. If it happens here, lets make sure it does not happen anywhere else. Strength in numbers always.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

#3 above is a little hard for anyone who lives in the country. Just because you may not be known personally to people on the forum doesn't necessarily mean you are a shonk but means you are disadvantaged just because of where you live.

I live in the country lol. Honestly, how can you expect people to trust you, if you are not known to anyone?

The things I suggested are purely to protect the many against a few bad eggs. Are they perfect...No, will they disadvantage some...Yes.

At the end of the day, if you cannot establish your credentials here, there is plenty of other avenues to sell things online.
    Last edited by RadiantKnackers; 17-02-2013 at 09:31 AM.

The Blue Mountains are hardly the country. I live 400km from Melbourne, 600km from Sydney and 800km from Adelaide. That is the country. It is a little hard to make it to cruises from here.

Anyway, I have sold many things on a number of forums, including this one, without meeting anyone. I have never ripped anyone off. I don't see why my location should disadvantage me. Everyone knows there is a risk that you might get ripped off if you haven't seen an item for yourself. If you aren't willing to risk that then don't buy it in the first place.
    Last edited by naddis01; 17-02-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Christ...You really are in the middle of nowhere lol.

Anyhow, they are only suggestions, a couple of people think #3 is a bit rough, hell I think it is crap that I even have to think up any of them. In a perfect world we should not need any of this rubbish

People who join a family like here, and then try to rip off that family, are lower than scum in my eyes.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

I think one thing that is a bit "restrictive" (for want of a word) is that if one wishes to advertise to sell a car, as far as I can see, one needs to spend a minimum of $10 to acquire VIP status before being permitted to lodge a "For Sale" advert. This really amounts to a quasi-tax on an intended sale, that might not actually be achieved via this forum. Also, presumably immediately after selling a car, it is quite likely that the member concerned may, for one reason or another, choose to no longer be a member of this forum, so in effect he has not only paid the quasi-tax to advertise his car here with no guarantee of success, but also essentially pays a fee for a forum "status" which has no value as soon as the car is sold, for a forum membership that he no longer requires. Or do I have a particularly odd point of view? ;-)
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    I think one thing that is a bit "restrictive" (for want of a word) is that if one wishes to advertise to sell a car, as far as I can see, one needs to spend a minimum of $10 to acquire VIP status before being permitted to lodge a "For Sale" advert. This really amounts to a quasi-tax on an intended sale, that might not actually be achieved via this forum. Also, presumably immediately after selling a car, it is quite likely that the member concerned may, for one reason or another, choose to no longer be a member of this forum, so in effect he has not only paid the quasi-tax to advertise his car here with no guarantee of success, but also essentially pays a fee for a forum "status" which has no value as soon as the car is sold, for a forum membership that he no longer requires. Or do I have a particularly odd point of view? ;-)
    You cannot simply join and sell anyway besides, this isn't car sales. This was not the case until 3 recent 'sales' that have been shonky. Making the process more difficult reduces risk.

Besides I'm sick to death of people that join up, make 20 pointless posts, add an item for sale and then never come back.

Some of the ideas are great but impossible to administer.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Minor updates to T&C's for Buy and Sell section completed. Closing this thread and opening a new one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12