User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cree" LED's are awesome!

Default "Cree" LED's are awesome!

Hi all, just brought these so called CREE led's (w5w for parkers) and these are by far the brightest and most direct beam I have seen, had my doubts but the results are definatly worth it. Picture doesn't do justice.
    Here's the exact ones; bit.ly/WYpPeI Will be getting some H11's for foglights soon. And will probably re-replace the led's in my number plate sockets with these also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	428322_10151261285420665_1055300522_n.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	13591  
    Last edited by camerongb; 25-01-2013 at 10:30 PM.

hate to double post, but just found these 30w H11 Cree LEDS standard are maybe 7w-10w.. brought
    eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d�r

Quote Originally Posted by camerongb View Post
    Hi all, just brought these so called CREE led's (w5w for parkers) and these are by far the brightest and most direct beam I have seen, had my doubts but the results are definatly worth it. Picture doesn't do justice.
    Here's the exact ones; bit.ly/WYpPeI Will be getting some H11's for foglights soon. And will probably re-replace the led's in my number plate sockets with these also.
    Just incase the URL didn't come up properly, just reposting it for you

www.bit.ly/WYpPeI

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

They look good. Keen to see the H11 bulbs when you get 'em. Good find

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash

Actually, some similar listings mention possibly needing resistors to get the bulb working and not throwing codes.
    E.g.
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...w=321059405867
    Hopefully this isn't needed - not keen of cutting factory wires and splicing resistors

Yeah me neither, will see what happens when they arrive I suppose haha

Thanks Pete
    Last edited by camerongb; 26-01-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Actually, some similar listings mention possibly needing resistors to get the bulb working and not throwing codes.
    E.g.
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...w=321059405867
    Hopefully this isn't needed - not keen of cutting factory wires and splicing resistors

I installed LED indicators in the rear (not these ones) but all that happens in hyper flash. They just blink fast. When the hazards are on it blinks normally, but one at a time, it blinks fast.

I was going to install resistors, but CBF

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Default Re: "Cree" LED's are awesome!

I bought resisters but didn't change the speed. Need a different ohmage I thinks... There are the last bulb I haven't converted to LED.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I bought resisters but didn't change the speed. Need a different ohmage I thinks... There are the last bulb I haven't converted to LED. Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    They need to be a minimum of 10W to make them work correctly. i had to buy 30W resistors for each one of mine for it to stop blinking really quick.

Ok. I had 5w..., but that only tells you how much current it can handle, what ohm's were they?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Ok. I had 5w..., but that only tells you how much current it can handle, what ohm's were they?

If I remember correctly it was something like 220 or 330 ohms. But the important thing is the wattage, you need the ECU to read the load of a small filament bulb I.e at least 10W or more

Ok, gktcha. Jaycar here I come...

So, in theory the 30w's I got for the fogs should be okay?

So, in theory the 30w's I got for the fogs should be okay?
    Fogs aren't an issue since they aren't on a timing flash circuit like the indicators. I'm using 5W LEDs in my fogs no issues

You may just be able to replace the flasher unit with one that doesn't require a particular load.

Few things guys.
    The wattage of a resistor is purely to do with how much power it can handle takes before it heats up too much and burns out.
    If the LED is working without a resistor at the moment then it's already got an internal resistor. LEDs tend to run off 2-4V dependant on type and colour so the resistor is used to reduce the Voltage down from 12V, without it you'd just blow the LED. I'll admit I've never played with CREE LEDs but I've never encountered any LED that runs on anything like 12V without a resistor used as a voltage divider.

Unfortunately to increase the Wattage used you need to either increase the voltage or the current. Adding resistors will not increase the current, it'll decrease it. I wouldn't reccomend adding any resistors in series, they have the possibility of lowering the current supplied to your LEDs and causing them not to work.

I grabbed a set of these also. Nice find dude. So freak'n bright, a proper DRL...

www.bit.ly/WYpPeI

the old set on the left...

the new one on the right...

old parkers...blue tinge, I didn't like towards the end...

new ones...bright WHITE.

even throws some light onto the street
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

That excites me. Mine are currently in transit too!

Awesome - Parkers ordered (almost got another set for rear license plate but they are way too bright for that! lol) and keen on the foggies.

Gen 1 MPS - ECU doesnt read bulb status or anything like the tricky BMW or Audi or anything so should just be plug and play yeah?

Does it count as DRL if the foglight has Yellow Lamin-x on it?

Keen to see how these go with constant power draw, some say they should only be used for indicators as they get too hot. Report back in a week or two!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast