User Tag List

Thread: $175 For A RichTune This Week Only

1. Default $175 For A RichTune This Week Only

Until the end of this week RichTune is offering OZMPSClub members a $75 discount on e-tunes. Come get your fast for only $175 usd. Post up if your in!

Taking Data Logs Intro:
    Properly taking data logs will shorten the amount of time it takes to tune your vehicle and ensure the accuracy of your tune. The first week of tuning will be tuning your MAF curve which requires its own method for taking data logs (see below).
    After the MAF curve tuning process you will take data logs the same way each time. Take 2 logs in 4th gear on a flat, smooth and dry road from 3000 rpm to 6500 rpm. Consistency here is crucial to ensure power gains for each adjustment made.
    Parameters You Should Log:

Actual AFR
    MAF Voltage
    Boost
    Mass Airflow
    Boost Air Temp
    RPM
    Calculated Load
    Short Term FT
    HPFP Act. Press
    Spark Adv.
    Intake Temp
    Accel PED POS
    Intake Valve Adv.
    Throttle Position
    Knock Retard
    Vehihcle Speed
    Long Term FT
    Wastegate Duty Cycle
    INJ Duty Cycle

Tuning MAF: Week 1
    I’ll need 3 MAF calibration logs after each revision:
    Our first few days of tuning we will focus on your mass air flow curve (MAF). Dialing in this MAF is the single most important part of tuning your vehicle. When taking MAF tuning logs you should be in second gear and pull up the MAF g/s screen on your Cobb Access Port.
    I essentially need to see the MAF g/s range from 5 g/s to about 150 g/s. G/S is a measure of air that is passing by your MAF sensor. The higher the g/s number the more air your engine takes in. Therefore as you increase throttle the more g/s are produced.
    While in second gear, very slowly increase throttle. As keep an eye on g/s and you will see the number increase. Make sure the number is continually increasing as you take the log. Do a couple practice runs without logging to get the hang of it. Take two (2) of these logs.
    Also be sure to send a log of your car at idle. This should only be a few seconds of log time (5 – 10 seconds). Make sure the car is fully warmed up before taking the log. Take one (1) of these logs.
    During the MAF tuning process put 30+ miles on your car of normal driving after flashing a new map. This will allow your fuel trims to settle at each break point.
    Tuning: Week(s) 2+
    This is when we will add boost, timing, and make all the necessary adjustments to your tune.
    Overview:
    Our goal is to help you get your car running the way you want. Ask questions if you want to learn. This entire process shouldn’t take more than 3-4 weeks as long as you’re responsive. You should get us data logs within 24 hours of receiving each new map. Tuning the MAF curve is one of the more time intensive parts but after that you should be able to get logs same or next day. Each tuner can only tune so many people at once so if you are unresponsive for days at a time it’s going to take longer. If the process takes longer than 30 days because of this it’s going to cost you an extra $50 per month.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358998872.197747.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	13571

-Rich

Sent from my iPhone using RichieTalk
    Last edited by richierichness; 25-01-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

Im keen Rich, but need to pick your brains about ironing out one or two issues before we start.

zOMG, Shock horror, Matt doesn't have a tune yet

Default $175 For A RichTune This Week Only

Scared to do WOTs already lost my license once. So confused

Quote Originally Posted by GEN1MPS View Post
    Scared to do WOTs already lost my license once. So confused
    Ill do them for you

Too bad u r not in Vic

Just got to find a good spot :P
    Tulla freeway = no cameras

Weekend mission= find good spot.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Im keen Rich, but need to pick your brains about ironing out one or two issues before we start.

zOMG, Shock horror, Matt doesn't have a tune yet
    Do you have any specific questions for me? I don't normally do this but I updated the OP with some info about our tuning process. Should answer some questions.
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    243 kW 538 Nm

Thanks for updating the OP. I wants to go fast. I'm in

10. Default $175 For A RichTune This Week Only

Quote Originally Posted by GEN1MPS View Post
    Thanks for updating the OP. I wants to go fast. I'm in
    Okay, go to richtune.org and submit a tune request please.

243 kW 538 Nm

Is that comic sans font I am reading, cmon rich lol
    http://www.comicsanscriminal.com/
    Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by dazza; 25-01-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Yes it is Daz, there is no place in this world where Comic Sans fits in to any situation (except maybe bogan wedding stationary....but thats it)

Thanks for the extra info Rich, I'll PM you my questions.

13. Default $175 For A RichTune This Week Only

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Is that comic sans font I am reading, cmon rich lol
    http://www.comicsanscriminal.com/
    Keep up the good work!
    Lol don't h8 on me I just wanted to spice things up a lil

243 kW 538 Nm

Default Re: $175 For A RichTune This Week Only

YES THERE IS,
    CREATIVE WRITER 95!

It came on like 5 floppy disks lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2