User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Gen 1 - replacing turbo with GTX3017r - Pros & Cons

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post
    So, If I decide to install a BNR S3 running under 20psi, will I still need a new map sensor & 3" MAF? The TBE I had installed, very messy job that one

I think I may be able to give this a go.

Hey RedDJinn, are you running new new map sensor & 3" MAF?????
    With a 3' MAF you wont have any issues with the OEM sensor unable to read the flow.im running a 3' maf and Wilksy made airbox lol
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 23-01-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Default 3 Gen 1 - replacing turbo with GTX3017r - Pros & Cons

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    With a 3' MAF you wont have any issues with the OEM sensor unable to read the flow.im running a 3' maf and Wilksy made airbox lol
    The stock MAF housing is 2.75" so if you upgrade to a 3" that will significantly alter the way your car runs (for the worse) and you will definitely need a MAF recalibration via a tune

Question relating the bigger turbo.
    Can a 4inch tip even fit in the area?
    it looks awfully tight with the stock battery

the cp-e, SURE & HTP are all 3" TIP that flare out to 4" where they connect to turbo
    the JBR is 3.5" flaring to 4"

Doesn't someone make a full 4" now? Read something about it a little while ago, think it was on MSF..

Quote Originally Posted by 6mps View Post
    Question relating the bigger turbo.
    Can a 4inch tip even fit in the area?
    it looks awfully tight with the stock battery
    The CPe fits only because its made of silicone and gets squashed and is able to be deformed by the battery tray , if your going to use the JBR or HTA intakes the battery needs to be relocated or use a slim race battery with small battery tray

Mods I don't have are SRI/CAI 3', TIP, EBC & a tune, YET ...... obviously. Is anyone using a 3 BAR MAP sensor with their upgrades????

What benefit will I get from doing the exhaust mani??? In doing the exhaust mani, I assume that means porting to the head?

A lot to consider then, I will decide between the BNR S2 & S3.

I have spoken to a few installers & they have all said it is not necessary to upgrade either MAF or MAP sensors???? !!!

im using a 3-bar, as is @rayd and @MPS2NV
    no point doing exhaust mani for the power you're running, stock one doesnt become a restriction whilst on 98, and you dont need to port the head
    MAF sensor itself doesnt need to be upgraded, just the housing upgraded from 2.5" to 3" or bigger
    MAP needs to be upgraded if you want to run more than 21psi of boost
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Hey mate im (was) running 3 bar MAP sensor with my BNR S3 as reccomnded by everyone, MAF size is stock or whateva the AEM CAI is i didnt upgrade it and it was fine, but if you going to get a new intake may aswell get the 3" for better flow. Go the BNR S3 as the S2 no longer is around get it directly from the states i would recommend. Ull also need to look at an EBC i am using the Cobb EBC, if you dont then u wont hit over 14psi. If your not chasing power could always go for the BNR S1 direct bolt on.
    SOLD |2005 MPS 6| BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM CAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | JBR Short Shift + Heavy Gear Knob| LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | Perm Tune

BT-50 yeah i know your impressed

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    im using a 3-bar, as is @rayd and @MPS2NV
    no point doing exhaust mani for the power you're running, stock one doesnt become a restriction whilst on 98, and you dont need to port the head
    MAF sensor itself doesnt need to be upgraded, just the housing upgraded from 2.5" to 3" or bigger
    MAP needs to be upgraded if you want to run more than 21psi of boost
    Troy was running 24psi with standard sensor...?
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Troy was running 24psi with standard sensor...?
    Probly a MBC

I love getting into work & reading all these posts. Makes my blood RUSH!!!

Thanks to all for the info....Mucho appreciated.

I don't intend on tuning over 21PSI, that's for sure. The set-up will be BNRS3 + ECUTek Tune. May or may not remove/ install turbo....

Depends if I'm feeling lucky n anybody wants to lend a hand........I'll provide beers n some authentic Italian cuisine

Project date TBC........Register If interested

How did I miss this thread, awesome summary of the turbo replacement situation for those with tame aims for more power.

Thanks everyone, very much appreciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12