User Tag List

Thread: 60k service, where to service?

1. Default 60k service, where to service?

Hello everyone

i have a gen 1 2006 bk mps 3 and its no longer in warranty. with the 60,000km service coming up i was just wondering if anyone could please recommend me a good place that can service the mps. I was thinking MRT performance? .........tempted to get MRT to retune the stock ecu to remove those damn torque limiters as well !

by the way the mps is still running the stock re050a that came with it from factory and will literally hit the belts soon if i dont change em. thinking of getting another set of re050a since theyve been great and lasted pretty long. unless someone can talk me out of the re050a's ?

thanks OZMPSCLUB !

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...ll-states.html
    tunehouse or tom kerr mazda for servicing...
    and Michelin pilot super sports > RE050A's
    cheaper and better performing
    if just want basic tune, and car is stock, get either a hypertech (some for sale on forum) or cobb access port... much cheaper ($300-600) and give vast majority of the gains
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 21-01-2013 at 10:34 PM.

What Sam said with regards to the tune and tyres

Get kuhmo KU39, heaps better than Bridgestone at a fraction of the price. Ku 39 got 3rd in the motor tyre test.

Spend big on tyres!

Does a second hand Hypertech not lock to the original ECU like a Cobb AP??

Welcome to the forum mate!

You got around 60,000kms on the stock tyres?? We have a winner folks. Getting your monies worth of tyres!

Plenty of cheaper tyre options that are great, myself have owned Kumho KU21, now on Flakon FK452's which are all right.

The Bridgestones are expensive hey and not worth the money, spend that on mods instead.

Default 60k service, where to service?

Bridgestone Potenza RE11. You'll never look back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Default

thanks for the responses guys !

yeah currently on 59,500km and still running stock tyres

so many great tyres to choose from going by the mps tyre thread.
    but tempe tyres got 225/40 re050a clearance going for 225 per corner , pretty cheap i reckon

i thought mazda dealerships servicing were to be avoided at all costs unless you want to keep your warranty?

Default Re: 60k service, where to service?

We know of it... Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by antv View Post
    i thought mazda dealerships servicing were to be avoided at all costs unless you want to keep your warranty?
    Tom Kerr are good, the rest I wouldn't bother.

Sent from my SGS3 4G

Tom Kerr or Tunehouse for service.

For rubber, check out the tyre review thread (http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...ew-thread.html) and Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels

I would recommend the Michel Pilot SuperSports at about $1300 landed from USA.
    The stock rubber isnt much chop and I dont think its worth even $225 a corner...
    Last edited by Jmac; 22-01-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Check with Bridgestone if 225/40 is ok because the BK only has a 18 by 7 inch rim and usually 225/45 is the lowest profile you can go recommend by the manufacture.

13. Default

sorry to disappoint everyone but got 225/40/18 re050a's fitted with wheel balance front and rear for $1,020 from tempe tyres. Needed tyres asap as they were next to bald and couldnt resist on clearance price of the re050a's (re050a have been replaced by s001 i think)

But will definately grab some michelin pilot super sports next time from tire rack.

Quote Originally Posted by antv View Post
    sorry to disappoint everyone but got 225/40/18 re050a's fitted with wheel balance front and rear for $1,020 from tempe tyres. Needed tyres asap as they were next to bald and couldnt resist on clearance price of the re050a's (re050a have been replaced by s001 i think)

But will definately grab some michelin pilot super sports next time from tire rack.
    Be careful with clearances.. And with these cheaper places always try and check the build date of the tyres.. Stock that is older than say 10 months is drastically different to new stock. They do have a certain shelf life.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

15. Default

I agree with the Michelin pilot super sports they are excellent and stick like glue.

16. Default

Can someone tell me about the Cobb access port or hype tech tune? I'm Interested in cost and where to get it done. Thsnks

Start here for Cobb... Plus SEARCH!

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12544

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE