User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suspension Upgrade - What else to look for?

1. Default

Yeah I think your both rights @Yeldarb, @zacman, i think i will go with the Kings, give it a nicer look
    Plus the guy at centreline could have sold me both and only had good things to say about Kings

Cheers

I wouldnt really pay too much attention to what the Pedders guy is trying to sell you, a lot of guys here are running Eibachs ( I had them in the past), and a number of members are running Kings, so far neither spring has generated any complaints that I am aware of, my only advice from experience is to avoid KMac products (very dodgy).

I think the Kings are a tad lower and firmer than the Eibachs, either way you will be happy with whichever option you choose.

For shits and giggle go back to Pedders guy and tell him that while you were happy to buy the Kings from him, but given his recommendation to run Eibachs, you have found them much cheaper from the US and will be supplying the springs for him to fit.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I wouldnt really pay too much attention to what the Pedders guy is trying to sell you, a lot of guys here are running Eibachs ( I had them in the past), and a number of members are running Kings, so far neither spring has generated any complaints that I am aware of, my only advice from experience is to avoid KMac products (very dodgy).

I think the Kings are a tad lower and firmer than the Eibachs, either way you will be happy with whichever option you choose.

For shits and giggle go back to Pedders guy and tell him that while you were happy to buy the Kings from him, but given his recommendation to run Eibachs, you have found them much cheaper from the US and will be supplying the springs for him to fit.
    ^ This.
    I believe Kings are recommended over Eibach when paring with B8s according to GSL but either will be good.
    Kings are also Australian made if that affects your decision lol
    I thought it was to avoid Jmac products? @Jmac :P
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

4. Default Suspension Upgrade - What else to look for?

^ this

Yep, can't agree more with the above. The Eibachs won't lower the car a great deal from what I've seen. Which is fine if you want to run them with FSD's...

Make sure you post pics...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Yep, can't agree more with the above. The Eibachs won't lower the car a great deal from what I've seen. Which is fine if you want to run them with FSD's...

Make sure you post pics...
    Eibach should be around a 2 finger gap all around, AFAIK it is comparable to the drop of Kings.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Default Re: Suspension Upgrade - What else to look for?

Oh, ok. I'm not speaking from first hand experience...

Just checked, 2 finger gap all round yes, but I'm on +45 offset. If it was +40, I would be 1 finger or less...

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post

Thanks mate, although it wasnt that the Pedders guy was trying to sell me anything, I told him i was going to centreline and that i decided the Kings over the Eibachs, that's when he made his comment about how much better Eibachs are. The only reason i went to Pedders was to enquire about the strut top mounts and bearings. I didn't even realise Pedders fitted other brands. I gave him the chance to get my business as its a hell of a lot more convenient to go to South Melbourne than Thomastown, however he couldn't match the price even with Pedders springs and B8s, and his B8s and Eibach quote was more too.
    So Kings it is, and Centreline will be doing it, which I am happy about as they have got a great reputation.

Thanks all for your input, it is much appreciated @MattMPS3, @Yeldarb, @dazza, @allo80
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |
    ********Car is now for sale PM for details********

9. Default Re: Suspension Upgrade - What else to look for?

Well here it is, the new suspension setup. Bilstein B8s with King Springs! Very happy thus far neg camber was only 1.5 due to my stock tyre size and strut mounts all ok and in one piece.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

10. Default

drive a bit better? certainly looks better!!

So did you end up getting s-low springs in the back and lows in the front? Looks a little higher at the front? Great improvement though!!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

Looks a little "higher" in the front? Looks lower and better to me.

You only have one option with Kings I thought, at least with GENII.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Yeah, well by the gap between wheel and guard.
    You are right, king only make low springs, but only have the bk MPS listed on their catalogue..?

14. Default Re: Suspension Upgrade - What else to look for?

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    So did you end up getting s-low springs in the back and lows in the front? Looks a little higher at the front? Great improvement though!!

Yeah I went low's at front super low's at back. Overall lowered about 10mm all round. Not heaps I know but apparently because MPS is already low that's what you should expect plus I only had it done today so it will probably set down a bit more over the next month or 2 wouldn't you think?

2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |

15. Default Suspension Upgrade - What else to look for?

It will settle

What's advantage of going with spring/shock combo over coilovers apart from cost?

17. Default Re: Suspension Upgrade - What else to look for?

Yeah, well by the gap between wheel and guard.
    You are right, king only make low springs, but only have the bk MPS listed on their catalogue..?

Yes I just noticed on the catalogue under rear it has only low standard and raised but in actual fact the king part number on the rear spring is 74SL which stands for Super Low. So they list it as a standard "low" the part number as it is recommended for an equal balance.

2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS

18. Default Re: Suspension Upgrade - What else to look for?

What's advantage of going with spring/shock combo over coilovers apart from cost?

Well from all the research I did from what I understand you can get a very good suspension set up with shock and springs that rivals coil overs but without the adjustability for those who will not track their car seriously. Because of this you save a little bit of money. In saying that I believe these bilstein and spring set ups would go round a track without a problem but obviously if you want to tweak height, damper settings etc well you can't.
    Hey I'm no expert so correct me if I'm wrong.

2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS

Ok. Can I ask what it cost you for items, and to put that setup on the car?
    I do like the adjustability factor though because thats currently what I've got... Do any combination of springs + shocks sit lower than that?

20. Default Re: Suspension Upgrade - What else to look for?

Ok. Can I ask what it cost you for items, and to put that setup on the car?
    I do like the adjustability factor though because thats currently what I've got... Do any combination of springs + shocks sit lower than that?

Have PMd you price fitted and 4 wheel aligned
    The guy made a point though, what I have is only just legal in terms of lowness I'm sure they may be able to sit lower with them but you are in canary land.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast