User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking at getting dyno tune - thoughts?

Default Looking at getting dyno tune - thoughts?

I'm exploring the idea of getting dyno tuned as I'm starting to feel a little underwhelmed from the Cobb AP Stage 2 map I've been running. I have thought about getting e-tuned but living in Sydney makes it difficult to find suitable roads to get those logs. I also want a tune and not have constantly monitor it like the Hypertech.

I've considered TH/MRT's Ecutek but at 2k, I feel it's a bit much at the moment. Other options I've thought about are Autotech Engineering (Ecutek) which I heard are cheaper, and also HP-F in Melb. The HP-F tune they provide seems a popular choice for the Melbourne folk. Would it be worthwhile driving down there just for their tune?

Thoughts welcome!
    BLACK3MPS
    CORKSPORT|TMIC // SURE|AEROS // SURE|SIDEWINDER // SURE|RETURN // SURE|SHORTCUT // SURE|ANCHORS // SURE|COUNTERSHIFT // SURE|TORQ R3 // WHITELINE|RSB // MOOG|ENDLINKS // COBB|ACCESSPORT // CP-E|DOWNPIPE // AUTOTECH|INTERNALS

Welcome to come for a drive in my car (6 MPS) which is HP-F tuned, Alex (no longer on here) also has a HP-F tuned 3 MPS which Im sure he would be happy to let you drive if you are interested, also @Bakis has a 190kw 3 MPS HP-F tuned he may chime in.
    No complaints so far and it's alot cheaper than anywhere else.
    I recommend them if you are looking for a cheaper alternative.

Id say Tunehouse would be the most experienced with the MPS platform out of the lot there.
    Autotech specializes in fords though Spiro knows what he is doing.
    MRT seem to be getting some results also though there are several reasons why I personally wouldnt use them.

HP-F is an option, though if I was still in NSW it wouldn't be - id already be booked into Tunehouse.

Default Re: Looking at getting dyno tune - thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Welcome to come for a drive in my car (6 MPS) which is HP-F tuned, Alex (no longer on here) also has a HP-F tuned 3 MPS which Im sure he would be happy to let you drive if you are interested, also @Bakis has a 190kw 3 MPS HP-F tuned he may chime in.
    No complaints so far and it's alot cheaper than anywhere else.
    I recommend them if you are looking for a cheaper alternative.
    Thanks for the offer but I'm in Sydney so unfortunately won't be able to take it up!

How are you finding your tune vs the ap? Were you running stage 2?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    BLACK3MPS
    CORKSPORT|TMIC // SURE|AEROS // SURE|SIDEWINDER // SURE|RETURN // SURE|SHORTCUT // SURE|ANCHORS // SURE|COUNTERSHIFT // SURE|TORQ R3 // WHITELINE|RSB // MOOG|ENDLINKS // COBB|ACCESSPORT // CP-E|DOWNPIPE // AUTOTECH|INTERNALS

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Id say Tunehouse would be the most experienced with the MPS platform out of the lot there.
    Autotech specializes in fords though Spiro knows what he is doing.
    MRT seem to be getting some results also though there are several reasons why I personally wouldnt use them.

HP-F is an option, though if I was still in NSW it wouldn't be - id already be booked into Tunehouse.
    I completely agree but if the price wasn't so high I'd genuinely consider it, hence exploring other options

BLACK3MPS

Quote Originally Posted by levitize View Post
    Thanks for the offer but I'm in Sydney so unfortunately won't be able to take it up!

How are you finding your tune vs the ap? Were you running stage 2?

No worries.
    Yes tune is good, I was running stage 2. Tune now much smoother, alot more torque. Ended up at 190kw 450nm torque running around 18psi IIRC.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Hold on.

Isnt autotech a cobb dealer?
    Call and see if spiro will tune with the ap.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Or
    http://www.croydonracingdevelopments...ing/index.html

TuneHouse pay the extra!! DONT GO THROUGH WHAT I HAVE! I travel 6 hrs just for a minor service to Tunehouse...

I had my car tuned by Spiro at autotech and he done a fantastic job. He addressed all my concerns, explained everything to me and was an all round great guy to deal with

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Default Looking at getting dyno tune - thoughts?

Another vote for spiro @ autotech here, he tuned my stock block big turbo and did a more than amazing job (see my ride thread for the old results)

just one thing RE ECUTEK, the price of this is dictated by the official importer of licence from ECUTEK (UK) so it's somewhat up to them what each of their competitors is charged per licence keep it in mind if one of them is significantly cheaper than the other

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    just one thing RE ECUTEK, the price of this is dictated by the official importer of licence from ECUTEK (UK) so it's somewhat up to them what each of their competitors is charged per licence keep it in mind if one of them is significantly cheaper than the other
    True! And unfair to everyone including the consumer
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    TuneHouse pay the extra!! DONT GO THROUGH WHAT I HAVE! I travel 6 hrs just for a minor service to Tunehouse...
    Im gettin my 10k service with them next Friday $259 and some bits added for a bit extra then rebook for a tune with them, just dealing with them on the phone so far they seem great.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Im gettin my 10k service with them next Friday $259 and some bits added for a bit extra then rebook for a tune with them, just dealing with them on the phone so far they seem great.
    Talk to Jim before he tunes and all your dreams will be realised.

For those who know what i have been through/my history with tuners, should have taken there advice at the start (jmac, sarcasticone,littleredmps,mps2nv,bd581 etc) I say go to TunesHouse! Been to 1st Mpsgarage/cpe, 2nd Spiro, 3rd MRT. NOW IM WITH Tunehouse TH have not let me down! JUST GO THERE!!!!!!!
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 19-01-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

I'm just cut TH are not in Victoria! Yet to find anyone even close to their attention to detail. Might have to drive to sydney to have the F6 tuned.

Just to add my 5c. Got tuned at MRT 3 times. Great service. Track test 14.19@103MPH was 202Kw(hub dyno). Now locally tuned in Melb. with a friend of mine who is using my mazdaedit software which is the pro version. Not locked to any VIN so he can do anyone with gen II. Track test 14.1@104.35MPH was 174Kw on roller dyno at RTR. Highest power on the day with pump gas 98 (no E85). Will charge $450 for a road tune. In my experience the road tune is the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYMPS View Post
    Just to add my 5c. Got tuned at MRT 3 times. Great service. Track test 14.19@103MPH was 202Kw(hub dyno). Now locally tuned in Melb. with a friend of mine who is using my mazdaedit software which is the pro version. Not locked to any VIN so he can do anyone with gen II. Track test 14.1@104.35MPH was 174Kw on roller dyno at RTR. Highest power on the day with pump gas 98 (no E85). Will charge $450 for a road tune. In my experience the road tune is the best way to go.
    Its interesting you got better times with Mazdaedit with less KW.

19. Default Looking at getting dyno tune - thoughts?

Probably had more torque where it mattered

And I doubt he drove back to Sydney to get a reading on the same dyno..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast