User Tag List

Thread: Reverse Knock, release bearing, gear clunk, brake squeal - Gen II

Default Reverse Knock, release bearing, gear clunk, brake squeal - Gen II

Issues of concern i will bring upon to mazda on 70k service....

Has anyomne had the below issues/concerns?

- When i put it into reverse and reverse back a little it does a once off knock sound? Sounds like its not engaged properly then suddenly clicks in. Still reverses completely fine though. Anyone know if/what issue this is? Happens Intermittently.

- I have a release bearing sound. Cant hear it with radio or driving. However low speed you can definitely hear it. Anyone know if this is covered under warranty? Big job as i assume its part of the clutch. Still nothing wrong with it, still changes gear perfectly. Just annoying..

- Clunking sound when changing gears slow to moderate. Anyone know if this is an issue aswell that can be taken upon warranty? Or if it is an issue at all?

- Brakes have an intermittent slight squeal when at less than 10km to a complete full stop. Also has same sound on first start up and braking first couple of minutes. Also a little more noisy in hot weather too. Is this an issue or more likely pads never been replaced and needs replacing?

Default Re: Reverse Knock, release bearing, gear clunk, brake squeal - Gen II

Clunking sound could be the rear motor mount. Brakes squealing could be worn pads and or your rotors need to be machined.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Clunking sound could be the rear motor mount. Brakes squealing could be worn pads and or your rotors need to be machined.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    So will rear motor mount fix this?

Ok..

So realised reverse knock sounds more from the brake side on alight brake when reversing. After the one tap on the brake the knock is gone. Anyone had same experience?

Also noticed dash rattle - checked previous receipts and it was a problem i have past and was fixed under warranty?

And the gear knob has a lot of play in it and moves around. Will they replace this under warranty?

Clunk - found out no issue. Just what the gearbox does.

My car is only 7000ks old and it clunked 2-3 and real bad 3-4, installed a CPE 60 duro rear mount today at tunehouse while it was there, the shifts are now smooth as with virtullay zero clunk.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    My car is only 7000ks old and it clunked 2-3 and real bad 3-4, installed a CPE 60 duro rear mount today at tunehouse while it was there, the shifts are now smooth as with virtullay zero clunk.
    Nice! Any reason why you went with the cpe? I was looking into the corksport...
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||

Quote Originally Posted by YLDCRD View Post
    Nice! Any reason why you went with the cpe? I was looking into the corksport...
    I think corksports are inserts, i may be mistaken, for the price etc and research the CPE 60 duro isnt harsh and its very well made , it feels like a different gear box now, the factory mount is pathetic even when its new.