User Tag List

Thread: Down Pipe installation

1. Default Down Pipe installation

My first mod which i installed muself was a cork sport stage two intake thanks to ledfootrob, I was thinking a downpipe for my next, I was just wondering how hard it is , on my first ride in 2003(it was a vl commodore was proud at the time but now i wish i had a bit more style back then) I did install extractors and a full 2 1/2 system but , how long / how painfully is it compared to just paying someone , has anyone got any idea how much they are worth to get installed?

Default Down Pipe installation

6hrs I heard if you're never done it before

It's not an easy job for an MPS I heard

Peter "SLIXX"

I did mine in my 6 which is harder than the 3 and I can say it is a pain in the ass but not the end of the world.
    You need to thoroughly spray the bolts with inox or something the night before to loosen them up
    Most places will charge you around $500 I believe. Maybe less if they have done an MPS before

Default Kwinana performance center

I had mine done and picked it up yesterday cost me $500 as stated and my car has done 110k. The issues with having this done is mainly the o2 sensors, which there are 2 of. Mine were not an issue at all, some people have had big issues with this problem on much less klms on their clocks . Anyway mine was not an issue at all. So expect to pay about $500 on a swap over and possible o2 failure when being removed (stripped thread or complete casing crumble).

Well worth doing the MOD though, i just settled for a cheap Upper DP pipe off Ebay and kept ther mid pipe with 2nd Cat as it is 200 cell cat and keeps her legal and is basically hi-flow. So all up with pipe installed and cost of pipe to my door was $750 all done. And i got the Resonator deleted as well for $100, for that little bit of OOMMFF sound lol.

Im a happy boy good luck with your decision i think i would of gained maybe 20 horses and a nice note too add

Oh Yeah as a lot of mechanics in PERTH area tell you to jump in the lake about doing this job, just a heads up that believe it or not KWINANA PERFORMANCE thats right (land of the V8 territory ) installed my Dump pipe with all the service and trimmings to boot , so if anyone in perth gets stuck and needs a descent price and a good job to boot give them a call ( i was shocked to be honest ) ......GOOD LUCK !!!!!!
    Last edited by Aussie Mps3; 16-01-2013 at 11:31 PM.

woops