User Tag List

Thread: Window tint

1. Default Window tint

Hey guys. I'm getting my tints done and I'm tossing up between 35% (darkest legal tint) and 20%. Any suggestions? Any one have pics with either of these tints so I can compare? Thanks

- Ben

Default Window tint

What colour is your car?

Lighter tint will look darker on a lighter colour car

20% is illegal but is fine at night IMO

Peter "SLIXX"

Default Window tint

I have 20% and its fine at night.. I think 35 is a waste it's not dark enough. Direct sunlight with 20% can still see inside.

I had 4% before but a bit too dark, now with 10 in the front 4 at the back

i got 20% on mine and i like it, 35 was a bit light and 20 is darker but the policeman dont notice it as much.

i had options as well 20 on the back windows and hath and 35 on fronts, or what i went 20 % all round.

Default Re: Window tint

I was going to go the 20% tint when I got mine but I got scared off by the talk of the solartint bloke... "cash only, no receipt, no warranty. In the event of an incident call us and we need to go to the wrecker and remove it for you otherwise your insurance is void" etc etc.

I went the 35% and while it's not as dark as I wanted, it does the job.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

7. Default

My cars white. It's the 13 upgrade with the black wheels and mirrors. That's why I was thinking the 20%

8. Default

I have the darkest legal in VIC. I think that's 35%. I own a black car and it doesn't look dark, but park it next to a car without tint that dark and you soon see the difference.

Try driving a car without tint in the blazing sun after cruising in a tinted car, definitely makes a lot of difference.

I wouldn't go much lower than 20-25% but then again, it's your choice.

i went with an 18% carbon tint on the MPS and i put 35% carbon on my other car, looks darker but lets more light in and easier to see out of at night. Had 15% on my old car, prefer this carbon one and apparently doesnt fade with the UV

i have 22% on my car...and i think its the best option...not too dark and not too light. The tint will also look darker on a white car too in comparision to a darker colored car...

i had 16% on my previous car and that was a PITA when parking in dark streets, had to always wind down windows.

IMO, 35% is way too light and i had this with my SP20...never again i told myself!
    Last edited by SlowMPS; 21-01-2013 at 05:41 PM.