User Tag List

Thread: DCR update

Default DCR update

I know alot of you guys don't visit the mazdaspeed forum so I thought it might interest you to read this: DCR Update Thread - Mazdaspeed Forums

While it's all empty promises at the moment, Cobb said the same kinds of things though not to the same extent in the early days, it provides some glimmer of hope that we might actually have some hope of making our cars alot faster and overcoming the issues currently being experienced. At the very least it's nice to dream.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

2. Default

I have been following this too. Looks like big $$ though for anything more than bolt-ons that most of us have anyway to various extents. Shame we don't have an engineering/ racing outfit here that can see the potential for these cars. The research is good news as they have the expertise to break this motor down. Potential for 2.6L in the block is interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic3MPS View Post
    Potential for 2.6L in the block is interesting too.
    Just causes less damage to the internals, as they dont have to fight as hard to escape..

lol
    Thinner walls.. just what we need

whats shaking cosmic..?
    When is your tuning happening?

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Cobb said the same kinds of things though not to the same extent in the early days,
    Cobb are a parts manufacturer, DCR is an engine builder. I see these as vastly different approaches to this motor.

Default gorilla chest vest

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Just causes less damage to the internals, as they dont have to fight as hard to escape..

lol

whats shaking cosmic..?

Doc
    if they bore'd out the engine out all the way,then sleeved it, it would still maintain its strength? maybe thats what they are doing. 2.3l to 2.6l is a bit of a jump isnt it?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

lol

whats shaking cosmic..?

Doc
    Hey Doc, buying another investment property (in the Surat Basin this time) and will be moving there in a month or so to fix it up a bit. I will be heading to CT shortly thereafter. I am going cross-eyed these days watching our for KR alarms on the DH. Apologies for all the acronyms. Done anything more to the MPS? I agree, I think 2.6L would really be pushing the friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Cobb are a parts manufacturer, DCR is an engine builder. I see these as vastly different approaches to this motor.
    I meant in terms of support and commitment for the Mazdaspeed platform. One of the things that interests me the most is the comment about an EMS company coming into the picture.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Kr =

Good luck

just dont tune for the meth IMO

Use that as your safety blanket