User Tag List

Thread: Where is? Seller on forums - H&R Springs, Where to Powdercoat/paint wheels?

Default Where is? Seller on forums - H&R Springs, Where to Powdercoat/paint wheels?

Hi All,

I stumbled across a dealer thread couple weeks back who was selling H&R Springs for around the $197 mark. Cant find the thread. Can anyone link me?

Also, Looking to powdercoat or maybe paint wheels a specific colour.
    Anyone know where i can get this done for a reasonable price?

Cheers.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...r-coating.html
    Think it was like $60 per rim, but around seaford so might be out of your way.
    http://mobile.whitepages.com.au/sear...Powder+Coating

Is this what you are looking for?
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/advan...mazda-3-a.html
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Thats spot on.

Anyone know if thats aussie prices or US?

From the signature looks like its from US?

Also, im looking to go for a Graphite dark grey look on the wheels. Similar to the STI Liberty Gt or new WRX club spec evo.

anyone know if powercoat can obtain this colour or must it be painted?

Quote Originally Posted by YLDCRD View Post
    Thats spot on.

Anyone know if thats aussie prices or US?

From the signature looks like its from US?

Also, im looking to go for a Graphite dark grey look on the wheels. Similar to the STI Liberty Gt or new WRX club spec evo.

anyone know if powercoat can obtain this colour or must it be painted?
    They are US prices, shipping is like $50 or something IIRC, maybe more. PM Jeff for a quote.
    Do you mean shadow chrome? You would have to check with the powder coating place, it is a difficult colour to reproduce properly

Shadow chrome, ie.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NV0A4587.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	13467 Courtesy of Dan.
    Last edited by dazza; 14-01-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

5. Default

The only problem i have since found with going down the powder coating path is, they need the wheels only, so you must organise to take tyres off, then organise a spare set of wheels and tyres so you can drive your car, or you could store on bricks if you wanted and then they need your wheels for 5 days

It has now gone into the too hard basket for me.

Quote Originally Posted by YLDCRD View Post
    Hi All,

I stumbled across a dealer thread couple weeks back who was selling H&R Springs for around the $197 mark. Cant find the thread. Can anyone link me?

Also, Looking to powdercoat or maybe paint wheels a specific colour.
    Anyone know where i can get this done for a reasonable price?

Cheers.

2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |
    ********Car is now for sale PM for details********

Try top gun powder coating in clayton.
    They charge about 50 dollars a rim for premium colours (such as pearls and metallics) a bit cheaper for normal colours.

You'll have to get your wheels stripped and tyres taken off before hand though.
    They don't do that there.

I bought another set of exact wheels with tyres to play around with.

My mate is a panel beater - He's giving me a good price, so they will get painted a somewhat gunmetal graphite colour..

Should look good.