User Tag List

Thread: Scraped the bejeezus out of the front bumper on a kerb... Mazda dealer says NFI?

1. Default Scraped the bejeezus out of the front bumper on a kerb... Mazda dealer says NFI?

Hey guys

2013 has so far not been kind to my baby. It's a 5 month old MPS... and last week I had stone chips, and a dent in my passenger door... and have now inflicted damage on the beast myself.

I scraped the hell out of it on the underside of the car on the passenger side.

Due to the costs involved I will probably just leave it, but what shocked me is that out of the couple of dealers I rang... namely Hornsby Mazda and the one in Blacktown... they all said they couldn't help me.

I know I can get an Autoexe one from mpsgarage but I like the look of the stock bumper. No wreckers seem to have it listed.

Any ideas or places that you could recommend?
    :: MAZDA3 MPS 2012 :: TUNEHOUSE SPEC C PERFORMANCE KIT ::

2. Default Scraped the bejeezus out of the front bumper on a kerb... Mazda dealer says NFI?

Also I looked on japanparts and the cost of shipping is over $1k.

1) dont buy from mpsgarage
    2) best bet is to go into a spare parts place and ask them for a front bumper, they'll look at you like you're mad, but tell them, you want a front bumper for a 2012 MPS...
    3) probably get it un-painted, and it'll probably cost ~$400-500 for a panel shop to paint match it to your car

How scraped is it?
    Plastic bumpers are pretty easy repaired

Default Scraped the bejeezus out of the front bumper on a kerb... Mazda dealer says NFI?

True dat
    I scrapped mine and got my touched and you couldn't even tell

Peter "SLIXX"

6. Default Scraped the bejeezus out of the front bumper on a kerb... Mazda dealer says NFI?

@slixx dude I'm hoping that's the before pics!!

It's the plastic/ rubber thing under the actual painted bumper ... You can see it on your last pic, the lower bit.

That bit looks like its been put through a grater.

7. Default Scraped the bejeezus out of the front bumper on a kerb... Mazda dealer says NFI?

@SarcasticOne are there places called spare parts places? Pardon my naivety.

Any that you're aware of in Sydney? Such a rare car!

8. Default Scraped the bejeezus out of the front bumper on a kerb... Mazda dealer says NFI?

@bd581 pretty badly scraped. It's as if its been through a grater.

Default Scraped the bejeezus out of the front bumper on a kerb... Mazda dealer says NFI?

Yeah they were before. Sanded it back and resprayed

Wasn't perfect but couldn't tell unless up close

Peter "SLIXX"

We talking about the plastic part or the actual bumper?? :S My plastic part is almost non existent lol I think they are there to be scraped anyway.... to prevent the scraping of the actual front bar? Correct me if i'm wrong...

11. Default Scraped the bejeezus out of the front bumper on a kerb... Mazda dealer says NFI?

I believe on closer inspection that its the plastic skirting.

Any way to replace this - as it's going to be the actual bumper next..

Default Re: Scraped the bejeezus out of the front bumper on a kerb... Mazda dealer says NFI?

If it is only the black rubber thing under the actual bar, personally I wouldn't worry.

I scraped the front bar on my car and had it repaired but didn't bother replacing that plastic thing as you can often scrape it on high kerbs. It's there for a reason.

Sent from my SGS3 4G

13. Default Scraped the bejeezus out of the front bumper on a kerb... Mazda dealer says NFI?

Hmmm fair point. Certainly the cheapest option.