User Tag List

Thread: Motor Build Component Resource

Default Motor Build Component Resource

Hey guys, we get many requests to put lists together for motor builds and instead of creating it over and over again, we've decided to put a list together so you can more easily prepare for what you need.

We've broken it down into parts that you ABSOLUTELY need when rebuilding your motor, parts that we recommend you replace but sometimes aren't necessary depending on the condition once torn apart, and then the aftermarket options for building it to be able to handle more power.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We'll update this soon with other parts that have become available recently. Yes, Mahle makes a FULL bearing set for these motors now after I worked with one of their representatives to get them to make additional bearings than what was available. We'll also put pricing for short blocks since many blown motors go out the unfortunate way with a window in the block.

Obviously, for you Aussie guys, these are US Dollars and shipping is in addition to the cost listed here. Most of these parts are very small and light and can be shipped together in small boxes. The biggest components are the pistons, rods, and new crankshaft (usually not necessary when rebuilding).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parts List.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	13457  
    Last edited by JP@edgeautosport.com; 12-01-2013 at 03:41 AM.

PLEASE PM or email eric@edgeautosport.com for all pricing and parts questions!!

cause im me... and looked at that and went "how much in total?" here you go:

about $660 for "Most important" bits (choose either standard size or 0.025" oversize
    about $600 for "Recommended" minus crankshaft
    about $360 for studs + gasket
    + rods + pistons ($900-2000)

so... in short, about $2500 (up to $3600) worth of bits + shipping + labour to build engine

btw JP, will be hitting you up in a few months for a heap of those parts
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 12-01-2013 at 07:08 AM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    cause im me... and looked at that and went "how much in total?" here you go:

about $660 for "Most important" bits (choose either standard size or 0.025" oversize
    about $600 for "Recommended" minus crankshaft
    about $360 for studs + gasket
    + rods + pistons ($900-2000)

so... in short, about $2500 (up to $3600) worth of bits + shipping + labour to build engine

btw JP, will be hitting you up in a few months for a heap of those parts
    Sounds great! Yes, that a good summation. Piston and rod combinations will have the largest variances. I will honestly tell anyone building their motor, you need to have a budget higher than this to build. Almost every build comes across a surprise or a change of direction in the middle. Obviously, if you buy it in pieces that works, too. But when you are at the point of taking it in to build, it's smart to expect some surprises.

PLEASE PM or email eric@edgeautosport.com for all pricing and parts questions!!

Quote Originally Posted by JP@edgeautosport.com View Post
    Sounds great! Yes, that a good summation. Piston and rod combinations will have the largest variances. I will honestly tell anyone building their motor, you need to have a budget higher than this to build. Almost every build comes across a surprise or a change of direction in the middle. Obviously, if you buy it in pieces that works, too. But when you are at the point of taking it in to build, it's smart to expect some surprises.
    Tell me about it lol
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come