User Tag List

Thread: Dent and stone chip repairs

1. Cool Dent and stone chip repairs

Hey people....

God I love careless drivers....

Was just going to get a couple of paint chips fixed from my mates test driving my car this weekend... was just about to get that fixed up at The Touch Up Guys when:

I go to my car (parked undercover at work) and find that someone had dinged up my car pretty hardcore on the passenger side. Some idiot obviously has gotten out of the car and whacked their door on mine. It's actually chipped paint off and bent in the metal.

The white BMW parked next to mine was most likely the culprit but because I cannot prove anything... I just had to let it go.

What are the costs or removing small dents from doors - I'm talking those mobile dent removal vans that do this sort of stuff on the cheap.. and do any also repair the paint around it?

Any good workshops etc or reputable people you might know in Sydney that can do this stuff for cheap?

My car is a 2012 black mica MPS.

I'm gutted.
    Last edited by akqrate; 09-01-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    :: MAZDA3 MPS 2012 :: TUNEHOUSE SPEC C PERFORMANCE KIT ::

PDR is usually around 60-100 a dent, depending on the location and severity.

If you've got some road rash, i'd recommend ordering the dr.colorchip system from the USA.

I've used it and Caff has used it. I was absoloutely blown away by it, think he was quietly impressed by it too.

Default Dent and stone chip repairs

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    PDR is usually around 60-100 a dent, depending on the location and severity.

If you've got some road rash, i'd recommend ordering the dr.colorchip system from the USA.

I've used it and Caff has used it. I was absoloutely blown away by it, think he was quietly impressed by it too.
    +1

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

4. Default

@SMOKEY thanks mate. I jumped the gun and bought something called Langka.
    Was supposed to be more long lasting than DR Colorchip.

Will report back - not sure if I can get the money back.

Default Re: Dent and stone chip repairs

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post

Not so secretly. I've put a number of people onto it since trying it myself.

Maybe this will help

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-langka-2.html

Don't know about Langka being more long lasting. It uses OEM paint as opposed to Dr Colorchip which uses its own paint.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I just put Kitis car in to be repaired she touched a letter box and scratched her front bumper, dent in guard. Cars only 14 months old .... Than mine will be touched up after hers

I have a friend doing mine and kitis with 40+ years ex if anyone around Hunter area wanting some work done PM me (Same guy who done my front bar )
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Default Re: Dent and stone chip repairs

I've used langka and I find its only good for small chips.

For larger chips and scrapes I recommend the touch up guys. Had a scrape on my rear bumper caused by front of 4wd. My local rep did a perfect job and couldn't even tell it was previously damaged. Cost me $240.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Default Dent and stone chip repairs

I have a kit unused dr colorchip for a metro grey if anyone wants to purchase it for significantly less than rrp

But I recently used it on my pearl white Nissan which is a 3 layer paint, notoriously hard to match. I challenged my old man to find where I had covered a stone chip and he could only find one - which was larger than a pencil eraser head.

It's friggn fantastic stuff.
    Last edited by SMOKEY; 09-01-2013 at 07:13 PM.

9. Default

Thanks guys... really appreciate the help.

Just wanted to bump this thread... I have a black mps6 it has ALOT of stone chips. A friend of mine had the touch up guys do some work on his stone chips here in the ACT and it was very average, like it had been done with a touch up pen. I had some paintless dent removal which was flawless, now just wondering whether to try dr colorchip or give another mobile type touchup place a go?

I used toutch up guys for my cosmic blue GEN1 and thought it was very average , a toutch up pen would have done the same job and cheaper