User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MZR Timing Chain Issues

When you say "dip the clutch", do you mean like push the clutch in when you start up, or something??

Quote Originally Posted by kpmps View Post
    I had a 1-2 second rattle at startup only on both my mps gen1's

The first car I thought nothing of it but upon buying my current mps with the same noise (at 95k) I had it checked out by mazda and it was diagnosed as a stretched chain, ended up having it replaced along with the tensioner, water pump and vvt actuator at a cost of nearly 2k. Didn't sound anything like some of the machine guns I have heard on youtube, and replacing all that stuff was probably overkill but went ahead with it anyway to be sure.

When i got it back, the noise at startup seemed less pronounced but still there. The mechanic that did the work said just dip the clutch when starting the car, so I did and it started without noise. So all I can say is dip your clutches! and be sure this is not just a noisy thrust bearing before you drop 2k on this. I'm left doubting whether the noise I had wasn't just 100% from the thrust bearing.

Default Re: MZR Timing Chain Issues

Yes, dip = depress

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thumbs down

When I had my VVT actuator replaced I took in the recall letter from America and tried to claim it under warranty, they told me to write a letter to head office which I did.

The letter I got back basically said our motors are different and this issue has nothing to do with the american issue and basically you have paid for it now and that's that. So dear customer buggar off and suffer we all know that's the issue but we will tell you wonderful story's of denial and we are not helping , so in conclusion please go away.

That's as far as I got lol.......
    -ETS TMIC - 2XS SRI and HEATSHIELD K & N POD - 2XS BOV - REDLINEGOODS LEATHER SHIFTBOOT AND ARMREST - AUTOEXEC COILOVERS JDM - JUSTSPEED DOWNPIPE-CP-E DURO 75 REM-HYPERTECH TUNED-EONON SAT/NAV INDASH- SPEEDLINE ENGINE STRUT BRACE-

Cut loose on their Facebook Page. That's utter bs.

I would love to hear how our motors are different...
    Considering they have the same part numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

Just call our national customer support team on 1800.........
    Blah blah blah

Mazda customer service.... Piss poor.

Sent from my SGS3 4G

That's why they call it customer support not customer service I assume

A noob question, with the vvt actuator or timing tensioner changed, will it fix the problem? Like is it a design issue or just a manufracturing defect from factory?

I have no idea lol I bloody well hope so and hmmmmmm cutting loose on webpage niceeeeee lol I wonder if I scan the letter to show you guys would that cause an issue ? Like privacy crap or something? If not I'll paste it in this thread

Yes the problem is caused by a dodgy lock pin on the actuator, the spring has been changed on the revised part. This only affects early 06 and 07 cars, the revised vvt is fitted to all cars after this as far as I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

This is what i just posted on Mazda Australia facebook page lets see what reaction i get thanks..... @Jmac

I love my Mazda MPS which i bought about 12 months ago. The issue with the MPS motor which is known by mazda is the timing chain and VVT actuator. My question is Mazda i had mine replaced not long ago and i took the recall notice that was sent all over the united states for the same issue and was refused any type of help or warranty fix at all.

The recall notice in America extends the warranty onto any MPS 3 or 6 for 7 years or 70 thousand miles which my car was well under at the time. Your reply letter was disappointing to say the least. Your comments were that my repair had nothing to do with the American issue and even know the cars have exactly the same motor,and are just tuned a little differently that its not valid and has nothing to do with my repair ?

I am not a mechanic but i am not silly either and having a qualified mechanic and on your own receipt saying you replaced the VVT actuator and thats the same as the American Warranty ? is a bit of a slap in the face.

I love your cars i have owned several Mazdas and loved them all, but after this expensive experience i am tending to change my mind.

Sorry guys but it had to be said......A unhappy Mazda Fan.....
    -ETS TMIC - 2XS SRI and HEATSHIELD K & N POD - 2XS BOV - REDLINEGOODS LEATHER SHIFTBOOT AND ARMREST - AUTOEXEC COILOVERS JDM - JUSTSPEED DOWNPIPE-CP-E DURO 75 REM-HYPERTECH TUNED-EONON SAT/NAV INDASH- SPEEDLINE ENGINE STRUT BRACE-

Nice this will get a like from me right now

14. Default

If you managed to get the recall notice publicly, why not post it publicly over here (Oz, not specifically on OzMPSClub)?

90% of the recalls, smoking turbo, vvt, rocker cover etc are only for America AFAIK, bit of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmps View Post
    Nice this will get a like from me right now

thanks guys anyone else that has been through this problem should throw in their 2 cents as well on facebook you will find my comment and likes already attached as it seems alot of customers are hitting the like button plus giving their opinions !!!! ......Cheers guys look for Mazda Australia in Facebook and my name David Potter .......Cheers

I'll try again recall notice Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda VVT1.JPG 
Views:	342 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	13619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mazda VVT2.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	13620

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    If you managed to get the recall notice publicly, why not post it publicly over here (Oz, not specifically on OzMPSClub)?

look below at my post with recall notice its for america only......

I intend to get real nasty on their facebook page if they dont answer lol and when the next one of you pays up to 3 grand because of this issue you will know why

Unfortunately, their facebook page is 80% complaints about unreliability, or poor after sales service.
    All Luke (the Mazda rep) says is to contact their customer support team, or says will pass your feedback on.

He will give one reply then that is it.
    They really seem to have no idea about the problems they have, and the power of social media.
    Or worse still, they do, and just don't care.

I've said to them before, its all great that they are selling cars well now (all they seem to care about), but if they don't work on their after sales people won't buy another mazda when its upgrade time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast