User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help on most cost effective freight methods

Yeah fingers crossed Brad

You mad C**** Bobby! hahaha. Should look Super Dry on CB!

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    You mad C**** Bobby! hahaha. Should look Super Dry on CB!
    haha...yeah slightly mad man....risk = reward 1k to lay down with no insurance damn here we go!
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Well first thanks @3MPSPWR for supplying me with a reliable broker in Japan - Jesse Streeter. Without his help i'm sure importing a component such as a complete front bar for a Gen2 MPS would be frought with minefields & undiscovered/unexpected costs but with Jesse's help it looks like i've managed to secure a deal that includes all of the misc importing charges delivered to JDM Garage in Brisbane (collection point) . This is a warts and all breakdown for anyone interested in starting this journey. Obviously just an example as this is specific to my purchase but it will hopefully give a few of you a better idea of the costs involved. It's worth mentioning that an item this size can not be shipped by usual air or sea freight but had to be piggy-backed in a container by Jesse's Australian contact JDM Garage. The inherent issue/risk with this is they are unable to offer insurance.

IMO i think it will be worth the extra money and effort!

If shipped by JDMGarage`s Container (Brisbane)

Rough TOTAL in AUD: $1,255

For details please see below break down of costs.

Cost of item ¥71,400 = $800 (Approx)
    Ship item to the yard ¥3,150 = $38 (Approx)
    Bank fee to pay seller ¥630 = $7 (Approx)
    My commission + handeling costs ¥8,470 *this is more than my usual % = $95 (Approx)
    as we have to include storage/packing at the yard.
    Aus GST + duties ¥14,280 = $165 (Approx)

Shipping to Brisbane $150

Rough TOTAL in AUD: $1,255

And this is what the effort's all about!!

Thanks for reading! Zoom Zoom

Nice nice nice!
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

auto exe front bumper? meh, neither here nor there about it...
    what confuses me is why you had to pay GST + duties... cause minus the duties + shipping to bris, it comes to $940, which is under the $1000 cap...

Because YOLO!
    haha...yeah slightly mad man....risk = reward 1k to lay down with no insurance damn here we go!
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Correction: Aint AutoExe front bar champ, this one is Knightsport

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    what confuses me is why you had to pay GST + duties... cause minus the duties + shipping to bris, it comes to $940, which is under the $1000 cap...
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

I think it'll look ok Sam...first one in Oz for an MPS i think so happy with different :P. The GST & Duties are charged because the bar is loaded into a full JDM Garage container. Obviously JDM are charged duties & GST on this container so i'm kinda obligated to cough up a small percentage of these charges which i'm fine with because if i tried to ship it on my own the freight component would be astronomical! That aside from the fact that all the complication that normally comes with receiving goods off a container on a ship has been taken care of. Basically no need to organise freight forwarding, it lands & they unload, pay for all misc. costs, get it through customs, blah, blah... all i need to do is collect it from their facility in Capalaba. The only thing i'm a bit apprehensive about is the no insurance thing....
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Because YOLO!
    So true Eddie...

Default Re: Help on most cost effective freight methods

Is it here yet?

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Not yet mate...i actually had to take an unexpected run upto Mackay last week-end which syphoned the money i had aside for the purchase...i'll be pulling the trigger next week-end. Should take 4 weeks from then...can't wait!

Booooooh haha

Commitment phobe...

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

blah..blah, game's on next week-end..BRING IT

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Correction: Aint AutoExe front bar champ, this one is Knightsport
    Ah, looks similar to the auto exe one
    Got someone in NSW with it... Still confused about having to pay duties tho
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Ah, looks similar to the auto exe one
    Got someone in NSW with it... Still confused about having to pay duties tho
    Hmm interesting you say someone in NSW has a Knightsports, when i checked regarding fitment on the Aussie imported models they said that they hadn't as yet sold any of their MPS products in Oz so were unsure how easy or hard it was to fit. If there is someone around i'd be interested in knowing who because i'd like to see if there were any unexpected problems with quality or fitting the bar.

Re the duties...JDM pay duties and tax on a full container load of products & as they are only charging me $150.00 to "ride" with them they make a small saving on these costs by charging me a very small percentage of the total container load. I haven't requested how they've worked this out but if i was to do this myself it would cost the same or more by the time i pay for a freight forwarder, handling (once in Australia), customs fees etc etc (refer to the last option offered by JapanParts in my original post)...

Anyways if you have any info on whose driving around with one of these bars on Sam i would appreciate hearing more on this

Soo, just some feedback. Freighting via container sea freight is cheap but don't expect to get it quickly...The container ship from JDM Garage has now been on the water for 5 weeks and still no update on when it's landing! Does anyone else have experience with this method of freighting and if so how long did you have to wait? To say i'm getting toey now is an understatement considering the order went in a few days short of 4 months ago!

Took me 6 weeks to get a bonnet from Mazda Japan... Came by boat (turtle)

Took me 6 weeks to get a bonnet from Mazda Japan... Came by boat (turtle)
    Yeah, I don't get it, toooo lonnnggg! But at least there's some re-assurance that someone else has experienced this. Thanks Sam

Soo, just some feedback. Freighting via container sea freight is cheap but don't expect to get it quickly...The container ship from JDM Garage has now been on the water for 5 weeks and still no update on when it's landing! Does anyone else have experience with this method of freighting and if so how long did you have to wait? To say i'm getting toey now is an understatement considering the order went in a few days short of 4 months ago!
    Took me a little over a month to receive a mount via Canada on boat...
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast