User Tag List

Thread: Guides/advice new owner mini service

1. Default Guides/advice new owner mini service

Bit the bullet and got a blue mps gen 1 aurora blue sports pack. Good to be back in a turbo car. She has been serviced regularly however it currently has 66k on the clock and I just want to give it a "mini service" for my piece of mine so I might start with

Oil change (last done at 60k with 15w 40?? says full syn on logs??) been that weight since 56k will change to nulon 10w 40 or castrol? The oil thread made my head hurt

Inspect plugs change if necessary

Intercooler flush and clean (former coastal car worried about sand)

UEC treatment

does have Wong noise change to Penrite oil

That's about it off the top of my head please if you think I should be doing or changing something else let me know its my new baby and I plan to keep her for a long time

Default Re: Guides/advice new owner mini service

Easiest way to pick oil is to use the manual to select the correct weight and viscosity based on your local temperature range.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

As per what Jmac said. Anything between 5w and 40 would suffice... (eg 5w-30, 10w-40 as so forth), would go for full syn although one particular dealership in Melbourne used semi-syn on my MPS3.

4. Default

yeah was thinking a 10w-40 or 10w-30 as that's what it says in the service manual however it says use mazda oil which i assume is semi syn?

Quote Originally Posted by gotboost View Post
    yeah was thinking a 10w-40 or 10w-30 as that's what it says in the service manual however it says use mazda oil which i assume is semi syn?
    Fully synthetic after run in period...
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

6. Default

Well today did a uec flush, cleaned intercooler, changed engine oil to nulon 10w-40. Runs so smooth now was still good before but now noticebably quiter on idle and throttle responsiveness has def improved. Worth cleaning your intercooler people, first 3 passes of water and degreaser through it and water came out black!