User Tag List

Thread: So how much should I expect to pay for this?!

1. Default So how much should I expect to pay for this?!

Hey all

I have a minor service due soon. Got me thinking about replacing the rear engine mount. So if i order one from StreetUnit (SURE Torq R3 street) and supply it, how long should i expect them to fit it? Knowing that it isnt my domain to play with shit like that, i'm happy to let someone else fit it, and am willing to pay, but don't wanna get ripped off.

Any comments?

TIA!

Andrew.

It shouldnt take them more than 15 minutes, no idea how much they would charge. Maybe someone else who had theirs fitted by Mazda can comment.

Default So how much should I expect to pay for this?!

If he was a nice guy he should do it for free, when the car it up and with power/ air tools it honestly won't take more than 3 minutes to swap

Default Re: So how much should I expect to pay for this?!

Mazda usually charge $120-$140 per hour of labour, so maybe half that and you may have an approximate value.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

As rayd said its on a hoist with rattle guns. Should be quick its easy access but dont know about 3 mins. That must be some world record . Nonetheless maybe about 15mins if they do it correctly.

6. Default Re: So how much should I expect to pay for this?!

Cheers guys that's great to know.
    One other question... I certainly wouldn't want to come across as condescending, but does anyone think it'd be worth giving them Sure's instructions on bolt tightening? I know they're the mechanics and all, but who knows, maybe they'll make the apprentice do it :what:

I think it'll be fine to pass that on so at least they can tighten to spec

Peter "SLIXX"

Mazda swapped out my cpe rem for a sure R3 2 weeks ago and charged me $50 inc
    Hope this helps