User Tag List

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) + BOSE System = WIN!

Default Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) + BOSE System = WIN!

Hey guys,

This is my first ever tutorial, so I apologise in advanced if i'm a bit confusing :P

If anyone is interested, and if you have a Sumsung Galaxy S (GT i9000) here is a way to get the most out of your BOSE Sound System.

What we will be doing is, just like our cars, is modifying our stock phones from restrictions, and unlock its full potential, especially the sound hardware that's inbuilt into these sleepers.

What you will need:-

- A PC
    - The USB connector for the phone
    - A Samsung Galaxy S (GT i9000)
    - A Full Battery
    - Ability to follow instructions
    - BOSE Sound System

I have a Mazda 3 2007 MPS Luxury and it has the BOSE system, and I was very disappointed especially with the sub woofer. So I have been using my Galaxy S for the last 2 years and it has been FAWESOME.

Now what we need to do is give Super User access to our Galaxy S, (Administrator in windows terms). This gives us the power to make changes to our phone and remove all limitations (Our PC will be like the AccessPort for our cars, but for our phone). It will also remove all lagg and use the 1GhZ processor to its full potential, this phone will be at it's peak and improve the battery life

Keep in mind that this will WIPE/FORMAT your phone so I suggest you backup all your data. I suggest you use this phone to play media for your car, however you can do what you like.

This is how we root our phones:-

0. Download Samsung KIES (Phone software, if you don't already have it), once installed, CLOSE IT and make sure it is NOT RUNNING (Check in TASK MANAGER -> PROCESS)
    1. Download this ZIP FILE Its over 200MB

2. Extract ZIP
    3. Start Odin 1.3
    4. Put the pit file in PIT
    5. Tick repartition
    6. Put JVU-RE.tar it into PDA
    7. Put phone in Download Mode (You need to switch the Phone OFF, then PRESS AND HOLD the VOL DOWN + POWER + HOME button)
    8. Connect through USB to your computer (make sure Kies is off, if you have installed Samsung KIES)
    9. Hit Start
    10. Sit back and relax while your phone gets resurrected

Here is a Youtube link to give you a bit more guidance.

Now keep in mind once the phone has rebooted you will hear some robot voice telling you what's happening, let this go on for about 10-15mins.

When the phone is ready it will boot up and you will receive the welcome screen, like you did the first time you got your phone.

Now this is where the magic is. You need look through your APPS on your phone, and there should be an app called VOODOO SOUND (Attachment1)

1. Open Voodoo Sound and scroll through your settings, making sure that Volume Limit is set to 5+dB
    2. Volume Limit is set to -7dB
    3. Now scroll through and look for Bass Boost
    4. Now we need to switch bass boost ON
    5. Select Medium
    6. Then slide both of the slides to Maximum (Attachment2)

And now you are done, you have enabled the Bass Boost with your Wolfson Class Soundcard and the BASS on your BOSE system is unbeleivable, not to mention the quality.

If anyone wants to hear the before and after effect they are more than welcome to drop past my place for a sound test, im In Prestons NSW (Liverpool).

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I know it seems long and complicated, but once it's up and running you'll never look back

Good luck and enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Attachment1.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	13396   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Attachment2.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	13397