User Tag List

Thread: Mps6 Sri on mps3 gen 2

1. Default Mps6 Sri on mps3 gen 2

Hi guys just to inform yous that the corksport Sri stage 2 is a direct bolt on to the gen 2 . I didn't think it would work but its perfect. I put mine on today and to my relief it worked . No modification done to make it work. All bolts and hoses fit on like a glove

Quote Originally Posted by black mamba View Post
    Hi guys just to inform yous that the corksport Sri stage 2 is a direct bolt on to the gen 2 . I didn't think it would work but its perfect. I put mine on today and to my relief it worked . No modification done to make it work. All bolts and hoses fit on like a glove
    I was under the impression that the Gen1MPS3 and MPS6 had slightly smaller MAF housings causing engine management issues?

3. Default Mps6 Sri on mps3 gen 2

Mine fitted just fine on my gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    I was under the impression that the Gen1MPS3 and MPS6 had slightly smaller MAF housings causing engine management issues?

Going by his last few efforts, I'd think he would never have checked things like that.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

5. Default Mps6 Sri on mps3 gen 2

Who's last few efforts ? @2XS

This is the info I found:

Gen 1 stock maf = 66.5mm
    Gen 2 stock maf = 68.0mm

Not much difference, but enough to cause problem maybe.
    I may be wrong.

7. Default Mps6 Sri on mps3 gen 2

Oh true I haven't got that problem. Everything's flush on mine. Can take pics to show you

Oh true I haven't got that problem. Everything's flush on mine. Can take pics to show you
    I trust it fits, only the MAF is sized different, the turbo inlet size is the same.

9. Default Mps6 Sri on mps3 gen 2

The spooling sound you get from adding it is amazing

Who's last few efforts ? @2XS

Yours.
    Didn't your Gen 1 burn to the ground after fuel pump internals?
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

11. Default Mps6 Sri on mps3 gen 2

Incorrect@2xs I never installed the fuel pump internals. I actually sold it to a member on here. As for the car burning I had investigators on to it and all they could tell me it started where the battery was.

12. Default Mps6 Sri on mps3 gen 2

Sure was @ 2xs

I think what they are trying to say is, just because it fits doesnt mean it should..