User Tag List

Thread: 2011 Audi RS3 gunning for Focus RS, hybrid A3 on the way

Blog Entries

Default 2011 Audi RS3 gunning for Focus RS, hybrid A3 on the way

The all-new Audi A3 is right around the corner and that means a new RS3 will follow soon thereafter. According to Autocar, the new four-ringed hot hatch will be motivated by the TT RS' twin-turbocharged, 2.5-liter five-cylinder, putting out approximately 335 hp (249.8kW) and 332 lb-ft (450nM) of torque through a new, beefed-up seven speed dual-clutch gearbox. Naturally, motivation will be sent to all four wheels through Audi's Quattro system, and a new torque-vectoring differential will be tasked with getting all that grunt to the ground. The new A3 is expected to debut in 2011, with the RS3 variant coming the following year.

Also in 2012, Audi is rumored to begin fleet trials of its new A3 equipped with TwinDrive – the same system set to be employed on the hybrid Golf – which utilizes a 105 hp, 1.6-liter diesel-powered four-pot that joins a 30kW motor to aid the front wheels and another set of 30kW in-wheel motors to power the rears. A 12kWh lithium-ion battery pack will be mounted in the floor of the trunk, receiving electricity from a combination of regenerative braking and (supposedly) a plug-in charger. When equipped in the Golf, the TwinDrive system will reportedly power the hatch up to 31 miles on electricity alone.

Source: Autocar via Autoblog.
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Hmmm, do I stretch the MPS out to 2012 or do I get an R20 in the mean time........

Actually given the price of the current S3, the RS3 is likely to be out of my price range. Looks like it's an R20.

audi's line up is increasing exponentially.

Soon they will have as many models as Mercedes-Benz

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Hmmm, do I stretch the MPS out to 2012 or do I get an R20 in the mean time........

Actually given the price of the current S3, the RS3 is likely to be out of my price range. Looks like it's an R20.
    I think I'm with you on this one
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Its a VW R20 or Renault Megane R250 for me in 2010.

After i test drive the new 3MPS off course.

Audi...always been a fan...love them all..they dont have any bad models...just prices.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Its a VW R20 or Renault Megane R250 for me in 2010.

After i test drive the new 3MPS off course.

Audi...always been a fan...love them all..they dont have any bad models...just prices.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

R20 ftw....

I just dont see myself in a New MPS.....other than the test drive of course

RS3 is going to be a weapon, pitty about the price tag

at least this one is awd, th R20 too expensive for a fwd plus audi over VW anyday

how much do u think this will retail for?

Sweeet, i reckon about 60 -90k