User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody running big wheels on the mps 3?

Default anybody running big wheels on the mps 3?

just want to know if anybodys running big wheels on there mps 3 ... for eg; 18 - 9.5/10?

Default Re: anybody running big wheels on the mps 3?

I know of one that ran 18x9.5 with 25 offset but has since sold the car. Some work is needed to make them a comfortable ride without rubbing issues.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Any reason you need a 9.5" wide rim/tyre? there is a bit of work to get them to fit and not destroy your guards.

Plus the camber you need to run to fit them can mean you change tyres like you change underwear...

It's been done before. Plenty of topics. 18 x 9 +30 XD9's dumped. That was extremely tight. He's sold the car since tho.

I am currently running gmax energy, fronts are 18 x 8.5 +35 and rears 18 x 9.5 +35,

That was on my 6 mps. Had to have flaring and rolling done to get them to sit and low profile ran.

Not easy but looked tough

Quote Originally Posted by sp258u View Post
    just want to know if anybodys running big wheels on there mps 3 ... for eg; 18 - 9.5/10?
    GenI or GenII
    GenIIs tend to be a bit more considerate than Is

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMps View Post
    I am currently running gmax energy, fronts are 18 x 8.5 +35 and rears 18 x 9.5 +35,

That was on my 6 mps. Had to have flaring and rolling done to get them to sit and low profile ran.

Not easy but looked tough
    Pics or it never happened
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

this is for a 2010 gen 2.......im currently in the build of the mps, its getting a full respray (details on color will be released soon).....bride seats, all my carbon goodies ready, and right now im stuck trying to figure out fitment......guards are getting cut and pumped...ive got 2 inch over fenders to go on.
    theres enough room to run 18 by 11's.

photos would be great!!

this wont be your average mps...keep an eye out for it.

and for those who have facebook checkout my sydney based crew Acquired Taste

ok...
    sounds like a form over function build... so "aquired taste" sounds appropriate...
    will get a few people here who like what you're doing, but largely we're performance > form
    also, dont go anywhere near mazdaspeedforums, the american mps forums... if you want to share with americans, go to mazda247...

this is for a 2010 gen 2.......im currently in the build of the mps, its getting a full respray (details on color will be released soon).....bride seats, all my carbon goodies ready, and right now im stuck trying to figure out fitment......guards are getting cut and pumped...ive got 2 inch over fenders to go on.

photos would be great!!

That's awesome man. We all love anything that anyone is doing to their MPS, even if it is an "acquired taste" and even of some of us are ONLY trying to break to land speed record in their front wheel drive cars!

It's true some of us on here would remove the rear brakes off their cars to save weight and try to get another 10th here. But we all love our cars and always encourage others to show is something different

Post away and can't wait to see!!!

Peter "SLIXX"
    Last edited by slixx; 28-12-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

photos would be great!!

Awesome, keep us updated and bring pics with you
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

12. Default

I WANNA SEE!!!!

It's about time someone really went to work on the looks of a MPS rather than just performance. I really like the US car shows for that reason, custom work is awesome!

Sounds like quite a project. Would be interesting to see how this pans out! Please keep us updated!!

im currently running 19x8.5" +38 at the moment, previous owner was running 19x8.5 front +35 and rear was 19x9.5 rears +32, he flared the rear gaurds but very badly, so am looking to get my rears fixed up one day.

haha is that you henry that done this thread???

Stancing is Dancing!

Peter "SLIXX"

Default Re: anybody running big wheels on the mps 3?

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post

Stancing is Dancing!

Peter "SLIXX"
    Seen that before. Awesome. Only thing original looks to be front doors and roof.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

My god that's friggin awesome!!!!

as much as bucket seats are awesome, bride seats would be illegal as your changing to non-airbag seats. just so that you know

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    haha is that you henry that done this thread???
    yeah its me lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast