User Tag List

Thread: Led tail lights

Default Led tail lights

Hey guys,

Now I just fitted up my new head lights and realised that I now have black headlights and Crome taillights so I need to fix this ASAP. I have had a look and can't find much in the way of tail lights for the mps so any one that can point me in the right direction I would be thankful.

Cheers

Default Led tail lights

Chrome taillights? Mps 3

Mazedit coming soon

Default Led tail lights

Yea have u not looked at the back of ur mps lately ?

Default Led tail lights

Seriously dude you are the first one with chrome taillights

Mazedit coming soon

Default Led tail lights

I'm not getting into an argument but if u look other than the backing of the tail light (which is black) the rest of it is Crome. If ur not going to post something constructive then why post at all?

Default Re: Led tail lights

Do you mean the silver rings?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Default Led tail lights

Silver/Crome it's the same thing really. But yes that's what I mean.

Not sure what the legality would be of getting rid of the silve/chrome rings, but as long as they don't alter the light output/reflection in the housing, you could always try to open up the casing and alter them? Personally I haven't seen any Mazda3 tail lights without the chrome, but thats not to say that you couldn't be the first to change them to Matte black, which I think would look awesome.

Default Led tail lights

Rear lights can't be opened up- the two pieces of plastic are fused with heat during manufacture - attempting to split them will end in tears. Only way to do it is with a cutting wheel on a Dremel and a massive set of nuts.

From what I've gathered, these lights will open when "cooked" in an oven for a period of time, the glue melts before the plastic But still sounds like a mess to me. I've noticed several replacement light sets on eBay lately.

Default Led tail lights

Fronts will open. Rears will not.

I researched it because I wanted to shadow chrome the silver bits too - everyone who has tried to open them has cracked the face.

If you are really keen on it I would buy a single base model lights and have a go on that.

Or just tint film them.

Default Led tail lights

Ok i might try that. cheers smokey