User Tag List

Thread: Weird problem with my MPS6

Default Weird problem with my MPS6

Hey guys im having a weird issue with my car and wondering if anyone knows or has had the same problem.

Basically every now and then ill change gears and go to accelerate and it just chuggs and really struggles to go anywhere and almost stalls (feels like when i swap the forklift at work from gas to petrol and it doesnt like it lol). And this is not planting the foot, this is just driving normally so shouldnt be much strain on the car. Normally when i change up a gear it sorts it but sometimes not. It tends to be more often in 2nd and 3rd gear but again iv felt it in 4th and 5th as well. Sometimes its when the car is cold and sometimes not.

Iv tried putting it back to a stock tune and it still happens and not getting any trouble codes.

Normally happens about once everytime i drive(approx 40km each way) but then might not do it all day.

I currently have a corksport stage 2 intake, cobb AP running a stage 1 map, upgraded BPV and a cat back.

Its stumping me just cos its so random and 99% of the time it drives absolutely fine.
    Iv had all my mods on for months apart from the intake which iv had on for a couple of months.

If anyone could help me out that would be great!!

cheers,
    Raif12

Few things to try;
    1 - Reset the battery, take negative off and press brake pedal. Replace and try again.
    2 - Clean the MAF sensor, remove from intake, spray with electrical contact cleaner, allow to dry, replace and test
    3 - Log fuel pressure with AP and post logs
    4 - I know this is pretty generic, but check hoses and clamps. Particularly the air intake, and the two hoses to and from intercooler (behind and infront). Make sure they are tight but not over tightened and that the movement has not loosened or moved the hose closer to the lip of the pipe.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

iv checked hoses and clamps and everything seems alright there. ill try cleaning the MAF sensor and what does disconnecting the battery and pressing the brake pedal do? Ill try anything though lol

reset of the ECU, brake pedal just makes sure its drained the system by trying to work the brake lights.

Default Weird problem with my MPS6

I've had a similar problem twice before.
    First time I had to stretch the spark plug springs since they had compressed over time and gotten shorter and lost conductivity.

Second time was a dirty ABS sensor.

Both times whenever the problem would occur, the traction warning light (explanation mark) and ABS lights would flash but no CEL would show

Dirty sensor check your maf