User Tag List

Thread: injen intake in mps 3 gen1

Default injen intake in mps 3 gen1

hey guys i just recently got injen cai, i know this may have been covered b4 but i tend not be able to find something that helps....

i installed and disconnect the neg on battery quick clean on the maf, so the ecu restarted my light switch is off but the hid goes on is that normal

and my idle is going up and down and it tends to stall wont even idle unless i step on it

what are my problems, does it mean my maf is stuffed or am i actually stuffed, i dont know what to do so different for me so many sensors im not sure about

please help guys sorry if this has been asked over and over all the time

vuong

Default Re: injen intake in mps 3 gen1

Check that you have everything hooked up tight. Sounds as though something electrical is unplugged ie maf connection, or you have a vacumm leak. Check all connections.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: injen intake in mps 3 gen1

I had a similar issue for the first few days back when I had the same Cai , it almost stalled when I pull up to a complete stop but then I just sorted its self out..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Check that the top hose clamp near the ECU hasn't rubbed through any of the wiring, it has happened before on a few occasions, and is a major fix if it has.

5. Default

mattmps3 is correct. i had this issue with mine., i just altered the way the clamp sits and presto all good.
    ps: mine is a fujita intake

Is the maf in the right way around? It needs to face a specific way....

**Edit - what does this mean;

so the ecu restarted my light switch is off but the hid goes on is that normal

oh thanks guys im gonna look into it double check,

what i meant was when i remove the neg to reset the ecu, then i try starting my car the low beam just turns on when my light switch is actualy off

arrr.... id be checking the ECU loom as matt said in that case, its located between the air intake and the battery box on the GEN1.
    Make sure the clamp has not rubbed through the wires....

If it has not, while you are there make sure you rotate the clamp so the screw is not near the loom, and that it doesnt foul. may be best to add some tape too.

is it because of auto lights? lol sounds stupid but you never know