User Tag List

Thread: Maf sensor air flow meter sensor thing!

Default Maf sensor air flow meter sensor thing!

Need to borrow one for 10 minutes. Happy to travel to you. Will pay with beer, kisses etc.

Tim

I'm in west pennant hills, happy to help.

Where are you located Tim ?

Parramatta. Sorry forgot to add!

sadly dont think i'll get a chance to help you out today feeling a bit
    O2 sensor not fix your issues?

Yeah all good sam. Wanted some one closer to save on petrol

O2 sensors are apparently fine and working properly.

Hi Tim, sorry the MAF didn't help, Ill have a look around and see if I can find something that would cause the power cut. If you have some time this weekend I would be happy to have a look at your intake, and we could check some of the hoses, etc... try a different tune using the Acces Port (stage 1 tune) and see if that fixes it.

Had a mate look at it after the gym and be seems to think it could be a tps problem As its mainly noticeable at specific throttle position.

That looks like it could be the case, just reading up on it and in this forum thread (different car) it sounds like what you described. Signs And Symptoms Of A Bad Throttle Position Sensor On A Mazda Mx 3
    Knowing how to fix it is another thing, once again happy to have a go, if anyone else has had experiences with this it might pay off to get a second opinion.

Thanks mate. Very similar problem!

I have read somewhere that the Electronic throttle bodies don't use the standard potentiometer based TPS systems of cable based systems, it is more of an its either working correctly or not at all scenario in the electronic TBs, rather than risking the chance and potential dangers of erroneous reading from a faulty sensor, also because the ECU is controlling the throttle plate angle, not the user, it knows how much fuel etc is reqd due to TP angle, AFR, load etc.

Best way to check the throttle plate would be to try logging again with an AP and compare requested vs actual throttle positions
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Hmmmm. That doesn't sound promising then.