User Tag List

Thread: AFR between 8.8-10.8 on cobb AP

Default AFR between 8.8-10.8 on cobb AP

Hi guys I've been searching this for ages but no luck. I've got a 2009 BL MPS with a cobb ap, corksport Sri, 2nd cat removed and resonator delete. I'm running stage 1 map cs+tih+98v231. A mate pointed out to me that there wasn't any fuel smoke coming out of the rear like it usually does under WOT. I checked the actual AFR on the AP and it was ranging between 8.8 to 10.8 under full load and around 16psi boost. I'm contemplating getting it up on the dyno to check everything is ok and the accuracy of the readings but due to Christmas coming up I'm not liking my chances of getting it done til next year. What do you guys thinks going on and what I should do until I can get it properly checked out?? I've downgraded the tune to stage 0 but it's still dropping in the 10's and now 19psi boost. I know the lower the afr number the richer it is but can this be dangerous??

Richer is not dangerous you will see a definite decrease in power though, however lean is very dangerous (above ~12.2)

in your case i would say you most likely have a boost leak, tighten up all your clamps and try again.
    Last edited by Rayd; 15-12-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Yea i was gonna say, you would wan to run more richer than lean especially on these cars. Pretty sure when i used to run OTS stage 2 maps it was doing much similar running AFR of like 10 etc etc... Currently tuned for 11.8 by Rich

Oh ok sweet, thanks guys, just wasn't sure if that was way too rich and may cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 57ROP View Post
    Oh ok sweet, thanks guys, just wasn't sure if that was way too rich and may cause problems.
    Well it is very rich and you should check it out