User Tag List

Thread: Cambering Issue's

1. Default Cambering Issue's

Has Anyone had any problem's with the camber on the 3 mps?

Default Cambering Issue's

Loads of people. There are threads about it. Try a search of the forum.

Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....

Default Re: Cambering Issue's

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9110

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Don't take it your Mazda dealer to fix. They will say its normal for a 'sports car'. Take it to a tyre dealer/suspension place and get the camber/toe fixed or you're going to be spending a lot of money on tyres.

camber wasn't too much of an issue on the Gen1 until you lowered. Think the Gen2 had issues irrespective of being lowered

front is not camber adjustable. the rear is, but it changes with toe. so you need to get separate toe or camber adjusters.

Need moar camber!

I don't have any problems with mine. I am up to nearly 50,000 ks and just on my second set of tyres. I have a gen II.. I got nearly 40,000 from first set and they were bald all over.

My outer edges wear way faster than my inners.

Directional tyres + regular rotations are the key. Assymetric tyres will always suffer from the inner wear issue.
    Last edited by Reedy; 20-12-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Default Re: Cambering Issue's

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    camber wasn't too much of an issue on the Gen1 until you lowered. Think the Gen2 had issues irrespective of being lowered

front is not camber adjustable. the rear is, but it changes with toe. so you need to get separate toe or camber adjusters.
    Hey Michael, my rear camber arms finally turned up

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by missjody9 View Post
    I don't have any problems with mine. I am up to nearly 50,000 ks and just on my second set of tyres. I have a gen II.. I got nearly 40,000 from first set and they were bald all over.
    i don't know how you possibly did that. i have chewed through a set of tyres in 7000km's. my car has only done 19000kms and im on the third set!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheffy10 View Post
    i don't know how you possibly did that. i have chewed through a set of tyres in 7000km's. my car has only done 19000kms and im on the third set!!!
    My car is my daily ride and family car so I drive sedately 90% of the time and I get a wheel alignment every 10000

Queenslands Bossy Bitch

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cheffy10 View Post
    Either one of two things here...

1. Your car has serious SERIOUS alignment issues and run on a third of the tyre tread at full weight....
    2. You like to make sure your wheels squeal at every opportunity, laying down a thick strip of rubber at every set of lights.

Never heard someone going through tyres at that rate unless they're track tyres and is regularly raced etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    Either one of two things here...

1. Your car has serious SERIOUS alignment issues and run on a third of the tyre tread at full weight....
    2. You like to make sure your wheels squeal at every opportunity, laying down a thick strip of rubber at every set of lights.

Never heard someone going through tyres at that rate unless they're track tyres and is regularly raced etc.
    even then.... @Reedy has a set of AD08's, still managed 7 or so track days and 20,000+km out of a set...
    must be either really soft tires or REALLY bad wheel alignment...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

8 track days and 25 000km and they still have legal tread depth left.

If you chew through a set of tyres in 7000km's then you need to stop doing skids. Even with a bad alignment they wont wear out that quickly unless you're putting them through some serious abuse.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    8 track days and 25 000km and they still have legal tread depth left.

If you chew through a set of tyres in 7000km's then you need to stop doing skids. Even with a bad alignment they wont wear out that quickly unless you're putting them through some serious abuse.
    Wheel alignment is fine!! same as when i got the tyres put on earlier in the year!! also friend bought a brand new mps in jan this year and they have 8500km and same!! inside edge is totaly smooth!! I don't drive like a peanut, how ever i do give the mps a bit of stick every now and then.(no thick black strips at the lights)

spoken to mazda they said "it's a sports car"

sweet. now, just need to set a time and date!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hey Michael, my rear camber arms finally turned up

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2