User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 DVD/Navi fascia

@rayd, did you have to state whether you had manual or auto climate control? Supplier seems to think there is a difference between the 2 for the unit.

Default Mazda 6 DVD/Navi fascia

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    @rayd, did you have to state whether you had manual or auto climate control? Supplier seems to think there is a difference between the 2 for the unit.
    I did, there is a difference but that only exists between standard Mazda 6's
    The MPS only comes with auto climate control.

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Thats what I thought, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Victa View Post
    And steering wheel controls?

Only realised this morning that I barely know how to use the controls on the actual unit... I always use the wheel mounted controls!

[EDIT] +1 for Android too [/EDIT]

Chris.
    Android will be 280 + 65 for android and he will throw in free wifi dongle.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Hrrm, keen to see how the android one compares - even thinking of getting it and selling which ever one I don't use

6. Default Mazda 6 DVD/Navi fascia

How good is the navigation feature? Are the maps accurate and upto date? Does the company provide instructions on what wires to solder?

Quote Originally Posted by purenv View Post
    Does the company provide instructions on what wires to solder?
    +1

How good is the navigation feature? Are the maps accurate and upto date? Does the company provide instructions on what wires to solder?
    Not sure how up to date maps are, standard maps are igo I believe. You can put Navigon or TomTom on with a bit of work with the latest maps, you need to google how to do it on Windows CE 6. Android would be easy I would think... Just install the app.
    Im not sure if they provide instructions, I would'nt think so as it's meant for non-bose. @rayd might be able to answer this.
    I will do a write up when I do mine.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Yep in running igo primo on mine. Works great latest maps

Soldering isn't too bad, just cut the RCA out leads and input them into the OEM harness pins which correspond to the speaker + and - for all four RCA leads. Just find the harness pinout diagram

Last edited by shift; 11-12-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Well they won't discount shipping its still $60 ea lol so saving $20 don't know if its worth all the effort

maybe just tell them don't worry we'll go elsewhere, hopefully that'll trick them into changing their mind haha

13. Default

I think $20 is not that much, especially for it to go to your place then you have to ship it to WA.

14. Default Mazda 6 DVD/Navi fascia

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Can you upload some pics of your install mate. Thanks

15. Default

Does it need an extra hub to connect to the steering wheel controls or it has a harness that hooks directly to stock steering control?

Quote Originally Posted by xccude View Post
    Does it need an extra hub to connect to the steering wheel controls or it has a harness that hooks directly to stock steering control?
    Comes with a harness that connects directly.

Bummer on the shipping I'm still keen, would go an Android.

has anyone looked into finding something like a skin style cover to make the panel match the stock trim? If not I can have a look into some sort of covering, was thinking, a laminate or something.

18. Default Mazda 6 DVD/Navi fascia

How stable and reliable is windows ce. I have never used it before. I have seen one which mirror my iPhone and wondering should I go for that one or this one?

How stable and reliable is windows ce. I have never used it before. I have seen one which mirror my iPhone and wondering should I go for that one or this one?
    Which other one is that? Link?

Which other one is that? Link?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast