User Tag List

Thread: AC Compressor leak help

Default AC Compressor leak help

Hey all,

So I regassed my AC system about a month ago, and it's leaked all out already, checked it out and found my compressor is leaking, so ill be needing to replace it

Anyone have an idea if the MPS 6 and MPS 3 or even the normal 6 or 3 share the same AC compressor? Or perhaps a well priced web page or area to source one from is?

Thanks
    ~Ray

Anyone able to help?

Default Re: AC Compressor leak help

Duct tape?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Duct tape?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Brilliant!
    Ill try that tomorrow !
    Your username doesn't do you justice Sam

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Hey all,

So I regassed my AC system about a month ago, and it's leaked all out already, checked it out and found my compressor is leaking, so ill be needing to replace it

Anyone have an idea if the MPS 6 and MPS 3 or even the normal 6 or 3 share the same AC compressor? Or perhaps a well priced web page or area to source one from is?

Thanks
    ~Ray
    Hey buddy I vaguely remember reading they are different from the 6 to MPS but I could be wrong, maybe ask Mazda
    2006 MAZDA Mazda6 Parts - Online Mazda Parts (about $580 delivered that one)
    Try formaz or some mazda wreckers, they occasionally have MPS.

From MSF: "Do not buy the round one as it it's for a regular 6 even if it's listed for the MS6"
    So yes, im assuming they are different, (MPS looks square I think)
    Last edited by dazza; 12-12-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Just to let all know,
    They DO NOT share the same compressor (despite sharing the same engine and mounting pattern) and FYI Mazda charge $1400 for a new one

Ouch

Yeah as dazza said try formaz on ebay

Also try your local auto elec. Get the same manufacturer part number as the original when mine seized. No dramas with it, over since it was replaced. Costs a fraction of what anyone else charges...

Just rang a friend will have quote for you tomorrow for compressor.

@rayd can you PM your Vin number plz. He cant get aftermarket but he will quote me up for genuine