User Tag List

Thread: Erratic fuel economy MPS3 - any tips?

Default Erratic fuel economy MPS3 - any tips?

Hi,

I've only driven my 2006 MPS3 < 1200km, but am noticing fuel economy has been inconsistent so far. Perhaps I am expecting the impossible and it's early days with the car, but I drive like granny 90% of the time. Been fuelling with BP Ultimate so far.

Tank 1: 400km/50L, city driving
    Tank 2: 380km/50L, city driving - bought fuel at different BP and found performance of car not as good
    Tank 3: 350km/25L (!), freeway driving

Any tips/checks - should I clean the MAF sensor?

Thanks

JB

looks ok to me....
    12.5L/100km around town, 7L/100km on hwy...
    these cars are horrible in stop-start traffic around town... boost comes on easily, and fuel goes out the exhaust pipe

Before switching to caltex I always used BP and max I got out of 45 liters was 375ks but NOW 425ks and I do city driving during peak hours so ye

Mazedit coming soon

Seems pretty normal.. I sit on about 13l/100 pure city driving thrashing it too

Sounds about right to me.
    Nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    these cars are horrible in stop-start traffic around town... boost comes on easily, and fuel goes out the exhaust pipe
    Fair enough - can understand. Brilliant on freeway though! I'm probably getting better economy than my last car though - a very worn 1989 Honda Civic, 1.5L, was getting ~ 12L/100 before it's demise

pretty normal to me, I get ~400km a tank..

I average 8.6L/100KM (only ~1,080KM old)

Tank #1 : ~470KM
    Tank #2 : ~500KM
    Tank #3 : 110KM (so far)

I don't really do much stop-start driving though. My trip to work is only ~10KM (each way) and is mostly back roads.

On the way to and from Kwinana Motorplex (Woop-Ass Wednesday Drag Meets) my fuel economy isn't at its best

A 20km difference from two full tanks is not erratic, it is normal. Two different batches of fuel, two different results.

If it were two tanks of city driving with a 200km difference that would be cause for concern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find the more fun your car is the less fuel you have when your finished having fun

I've also found bp ultimate to not last as long as caltex vortex 98, I regularly get 550 per tank

I use united 100 oct. The most i have ever put in my car is 48ltrs, If i dont get over 430k's im pissed! I see most weeks 500-550 ks before i put fuel in usually 44-46 ltrs

Its well know i dont drive 'normal' i like to push the GO pedal
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 11-12-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Default Re: Erratic fuel economy MPS3 - any tips?

I have put 55-56 litres in to mine once. Was shitting it that I would run out of fuel.
    This was coming back from down South earlier this year.

Sent from my SGS3 4G

14. Default

I have used bp always but been meaning to jump to caltex or united as I just don't get consistent mileage anymore and that's from the same servo, I just don't trust the 100ron as I here it's just dosed to the s$&amp;@hause with ethanol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDe