User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dan's Garage - Dan's Garage - VW Golf R - White - Opticoat

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Paint depth on this one was great. Averages in the high 100s to up well over 200 microns. No concern with low paint levels on this one thankfully.

For the paint depths on your Mazda I'd have been similarly hesitant. Like the red RX8 I did last week. Once paint levels start going down to those depths it very much becomes a trade off between what you remove versus how much you leave behind to still provide some long term survivability of the paintwork.

I'd say Kim made the right call

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks Dan, always good to receive re-assurance & handy to know the limits that can be reached based on the general quality of the paint & paint depths etc, not that i doubted Kim for a second & am finally glad we have someone on the ground in Brissy that we can rely on for a "Dan's Garage Quality" detail! Rest assured though you're still very welcome to visit us in QLD, i'm sure there's a que of us here ready to shout you a beer for all of your helpful advice & regular detailing write-ups
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Damn you do a good job Dan... I keep on looking bad at this wanting it (My next car? Hmm)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12