User Tag List

Thread: Paint Correction & Opti-Coat

Default Paint Correction & Opti-Coat

Well the day finally arrived...Dropped the car off @ Kim's from Detail Evolution on Friday morning so she could receive a complete detail that included paint correction & opti-coat and i have to say the results were worth every penny!

I left the car with him until Saturday afternoon and he worked tirelessly on it for around 10-12 hours. Most of the focus was on the roof & bonnet as these were the 2 panels that seemed to show the most amount of imperfections...Kim spent alot of the time correcting issues with the bonnet which had a combination of water etching and swirling, the roof was also the same but the etching was a little worse so he did what he could on this panel but couldn't get everything as perfect as the rest of the car (as you will see by the paint measurements, there wasn't alot to work with to start)...Work he performed as follows...

1. Foam Lance + Prep Towel to remove surface contaminates

2. Paint checked for thickness - averaging in the high 80's to 90

3. Taped for the correction....

4. Used a combination of compounds and pads for the cutting and finishing process.

Compounds - HD UNO
    Optimum Compound II
    Menzerna 203s
    Optimum Finish

Pads - White Foam Waffle Pad

Blue Cutting Pad

Black Foam Finishing Pad

5. All machine work done with Festool Shinex ( total machine work 7 hours )
    6. The whole car wiped down with IPA.
    7. Opti-Coat applied to vehicle.

I have to say the results were beyond what i could have every expected, the colour is so much deeper and it has a luster better then it came out of the factory brand new...some pics after & a special thanks to Brad (Yeldarb) 1. for the pics & 2. for offering to pick me up and drop me off to Kim's (although i had a alteria motive here, finally got, not only to ride in the fabled red bull, but also got to take it for a spin )

Thanks for Reading! Zoom Zoom
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Default Re: Paint Correction & Opti-Coat

No worries Bob.

I tried to replicate some @Caffeine Fiend close ups. Im pretty impressed also this took Kim hours and hours. That's the kind of professional you want working on your baby!

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2

Yeah great job, really happy with the shots...thanks again dude, beers on me this arvo!

Looks smicko! I've been looking around to see if i can find a good detailer like this for awhile... Mind giving me some contacts Bob?? Does he do interiors as well?? How much we looking at??

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Looks smicko! I've been looking around to see if i can find a good detailer like this for awhile... Mind giving me some contacts Bob?? Does he do interiors as well?? How much we looking at??
    Thanks mate! I just sent you a pm re: Kim's details.
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Awesome photos and write up guys!

Kim does some great work to be sure

Brisbane has a new Gloss-Monster

Thanks Dan, was really great to finally find someone around Brisbane that can actually perform this type of work at such high standard & was able to back up his talk with results. Unfortunately there are plenty of detailers who claim big results but come up short in Brisbane. Anyways really pleased and hat goes off to Kim. I haven't mentioned this yet but thanks also to Joel at ZAS!

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Thanks Dan, was really great to finally find someone around Brisbane that can actually perform this type of work at such high standard & was able to back up his talk with results. Unfortunately there are plenty of detailers who claim big results but come up short in Brisbane. Anyways really pleased and hat goes off to Kim. I haven't mentioned this yet but thanks also to Joel at ZAS!
    Looks awesome Bob I will def get this done

Tops !

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    I'm sure Joel @ZAS will love to hear the feedback mate.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsta View Post
    Looks awesome Bob I will def get this done
    Best money you'll spend mate, especially being that your car is new!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I'm sure Joel @ZAS will love to hear the feedback mate.
    Yeah mate, sent him some feedback.

What kinda damage $$ we looking at?

Great to read threads like this. This is the reason why we started this business

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    What kinda damage $$ we looking at?
    Hey Ken, just sent you a pm with Kim's details.

Default Paint Correction & Opti-Coat

Thanks bob.