User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2011 3MPS owner

Default New 2011 3MPS owner

Hey guys/gals,

Gave myself an early Christmas present and upgraded from the Maxx Sport to a shiny new 2011 Black 3MPS! Only had it a day and i've realized..... I'm in love. While of course being careful of an accidental redline while running the engine in (110km's on the clock at the moment), its fun feeling the hints of power even at 4,500rpm.

Having owned a forced induction car before (GenIII Toyota MR2 GT - running 195rwkw) I thought I knew what to expect, but the toeyness of the 3MPS has left a smile on my face bigger than the smile on the front of the car.

I won't bother posting photos, as i'm sure everyone here has seen a black gen2 mps by now, but if/when the mods begin, i'm sure I'll be posting/bragging, and/or begging for help.

Dave.

Welcome Dude!!! You'll keep on grinning to then it'll start to fade then you want more power and start grinning again!

welcome to ozmps and congrats on the buy

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    I won't bother posting photos, as i'm sure everyone here has seen a black gen2 mps by now
    Woot! Just the excuse I need to drop this bad boy in here! Welcome Dave. Clearly you're disturbed so I'll just say hello and run away like a little girl hehehehe...
    Nah, pretty easy going bunch here, have a good search for info or drop some questions and I'm sure someone can help you out with something re: your car

Enjoy the forum and your car, take it easy now!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

welcome to ozmps...
    this place can, and will, damage your wallet if you're not careful
    enjoy your new part time job keeping the car clean

Welcome Dave. Join us Victorians at some of the events. Would love to get to know you...

Hi and Welcome

Do please post up some pics. Doesn't matter that it's currently stock

Dan

Welcome Dave. I'm really looking forward to picking up my own mps one of these days.
    Enjoy.

Welcome Dave,

So what side of town are you from?

And as Mech81 said you should join us at a run some time.

On that note the monthly meet at Garage Cafe is on in a coupe of weeks.

Also keep an eye out for events in the new year.

Welcome to OzMps...

OK, consider my arm twisted.....

BlueMPS: I'm from the Western suburbs.

I've said this time and time again, but I will be keeping the car fairly stock. Small things like additions to sound system, CAI, etc.
    Tinted windows is next however!

Cheers for the warm welcome, looking forward to meeting up with locals.

Very nice Dave

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

PS, if you need any paint correction work done, I can look after you

Not saying your car is bad (can't really tell from the photos anyway), but many people believe that just because it's a new car straight from the showroom, it doesn't already have swirls and scratches in the clearcoat that could do with correcting. "Better than showroom" is the finish I try to aim for. Which in reality isn't hard considering the state of some brand spanking new, dealer delivered cars I've seen

Here's a link to a black MPS I did recently for another Vic member: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/detai...ion-slixx.html

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Do something like paint your wheels... I had mine painted the same colour as RX-8 GT Wheels... (Mine was the GenII - before I sold the car...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1110664.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	9995

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    OK, consider my arm twisted.....

BlueMPS: I'm from the Western suburbs.

I've said this time and time again, but I will be keeping the car fairly stock. Small things like additions to sound system, CAI, etc.
    Tinted windows is next however!

Cheers for the warm welcome, looking forward to meeting up with locals.
    Yes!! Another from the Western 'burbs. We need more here to balance things :P

I'm at Point Cook...which part of the west are you at?

Dennis

HI Dave, welcome to the turbo feeling. I have just bought a Gen 2 a couple of days ago as well

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    Yes!! Another from the Western 'burbs. We need more here to balance things :P

I'm at Point Cook...which part of the west are you at?

Dennis
    I'm a Melton boy, and work at Derrimut.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    PS, if you need any paint correction work done, I can look after you

Not saying your car is bad (can't really tell from the photos anyway), but many people believe that just because it's a new car straight from the showroom, it doesn't already have swirls and scratches in the clearcoat that could do with correcting. "Better than showroom" is the finish I try to aim for. Which in reality isn't hard considering the state of some brand spanking new, dealer delivered cars I've seen

Here's a link to a black MPS I did recently for another Vic member: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/detai...ion-slixx.html

Dan
    Dan,
    I actually refused the 'Mazda paint protection service', for the sole reason that I wanted to do it myself (was looking at the ZAS range).

I didn't expect perfect paint from the showroom, but I'm quite happy with how little flaws it has (a good canvas to work on).

Might be handy to know whats involved in having you give the car a once over, get it to an easily (or not so easily), maintainable state.

---------- Post added 26-11-2011 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 25-11-2011 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    HI Dave, welcome to the turbo feeling. I have just bought a Gen 2 a couple of days ago as well
    Congratulations Luke! Its an awesome feeling

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
    Do something like paint your wheels... I had mine painted the same colour as RX-8 GT Wheels... (Mine was the GenII - before I sold the car...)

Hmmmmmmm they DO look good....

Great stuff Dave

The Prima Paint Protection from ZAS is a great place to start.

What I normally do prior to putting Paint Protection down is fully prep the clear coat by decontaminating, clay barring and rotary/random orbital machine polishing of the minor scratches, swirls and holograms (this is the time consuming bit). Then a polish/glaze goes down and the paint protection follows.

I finish with a wax to add a little more shine and protection.

Everything above is quite doable by someone with even basic knowledge, some time, and patience. All except for the machine polishing, which requires a reasonable amount of care and know how.

If you want to read up some more, Joel (ZAS) has created a very good detailing library on his website, which covers everything from basic washing methods, all the way through to compounding/paint correction

You should be able to get 85% of the way to a fantastic finish without the machine polishing part. If you want to go further than that, PM me via the forums here and we can talk further

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post

Can u tell me what paint code you used to paint your Rims. Looking to do the same and I like what I see!!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Bit of an update... Tinted windows + Opti-Coat applied this weekend, gotta say, looks a hell of a lot nicer!!!

A big thanks to Justin from Platinum Paint Protection, did a fantastic job on the paint protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast