User Tag List

Thread: Time for a service - stealership or a good local?

Default Time for a service - stealership or a good local?

Hi all,

Sorry I've been absent, busy working on a new project.

I'm due for a 70k service soon so I'm looking for options/advice on a local mechanic who knows MPS6's.

Last service was at a Mazda dealer and it was what you'd expect - expensive and half BS.

Somewhere around south eastern suburbs up to around Toorak would be good.

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers,
    Tim (yet another Tim with a silver 6 MPS..)

One of the guys on here has good things to say about GWS mazda down in Mulgrave. I've been down that way once...not bad. @slixx - His contact there is service manager Justan - quick to get back to me with a recent quote to fix my foglight and friendly too...

Default Re: Time for a service - stealership or a good local?

I go to Berwick Mazda and they treat me well

Sent From A Galaxy2. IPhone Sucks. Using Tapatalk2

Justin at GWS MAZDA

Mazedit coming soon

Sounds like Mulgrave Mazda is the way to go.. Hopefully they do Saurday servicing as its a bit far from both work and home.

Cheers,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    Sounds like Mulgrave Mazda is the way to go.. Hopefully they do Saurday servicing as its a bit far from both work and home.

Cheers,
    Tim
    Prepare for a wait. They offer Saturday servicing, but good luck finding an appointment soon!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Thanks Peter thankfully I've still got a few km's up my sleeve which will buy me some time to book ahead.

Do you get yours done there?

T.

Tune House!! While your there tune it

The tunehouse guys will laugh at me when they crack the bonnet to find everything stock lol

Is there anything to tune on a stock?

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    The tunehouse guys will laugh at me when they crack the bonnet to find everything stock lol

Is there anything to tune on a stock?
    They will score you about 20kw standard DP and SRI before tune will net you about 170-180kw atw
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Hmmm tempting ;-) I guess my main concern is stressing downstream parts and breaking something...

Not that I'm a complete hack but DP's and SRI's etc are all new territory to me. The biggest mod I've ever done is GPS and mp3 installs :-)

Has anyone had any experience with penfolds out at Hawthorn?

Stay away from Seaford / Frankston (Graham Powell). Completely ignored my smoking turbo issue, then wanted $3200 to replace it .. to be honest you could do better with a backyard job.

Woah they clearly underestimated you on that one. I'm a complete hack when it comes to cars but I reckon I could swap my turbo no worries.

I've had family buy cars from them in the past, and while they were good to their word, one has to push hard to get them to agree the car had issues that should be rectified prior to sale. Like any dealer I guess....

Hey guys im a bit late on the 100,000k service, so decided to let my mate who works at mitusbishi do mine. Can anyone tell me whats involved in the 100k service. He said he needs to know cheers

Default Re: Time for a service - stealership or a good local?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMps View Post
    Hey guys im a bit late on the 100,000k service, so decided to let my mate who works at mitusbishi do mine. Can anyone tell me whats involved in the 100k service. He said he needs to know cheers
    Its in the manual.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I finished up getting this done at Penfolds Hawthorn. Service was great, a little higher than the mazda.com.au service price guide but that is only a guide.

70K service $370 including a $26 brake fluid tank cap and tyre rotation.

They said it wasn't worth doing an alignment as Im up for new tyres by the next service, ditto with front discs which are low ( both of which I was aware of ).

Liked the fact that they didn't try and sell me in I crap I don't need.

At my request they also checked the transfer case for weeping but said they couldn't find a single trace of oil anywhere under the car and that it was in excellent condition.

HTH someone else.

Tim
    Stock Standard MPS 6 | Opticoat Paint Protection By Caffeine Fiend | Custom GPS, Bluetooth and Digital music integration by Me | Rattles by Mazda

Thanks for info tim, I work just down the road from Penfolds and wondered what they were like.

No problems. @Hobi also said they were good, and he referred me to Kane there.
    Ask for him and let him know you found it here - it will help keep them honest if they know we all talk :-)