User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS crash bar

Default Mazda 6 MPS crash bar

Does anyone know if the crash bar is part of the chassis? Recently crashed and the whole crash bar has gone in and into the radiator and pushed the whole radiator back as well, not sure if it damaged the motor but the revs won't go over 2000. Just wanting to know because if the crash bar is part of the chassis it's a write off isn't it?
    Last edited by High on PSI; 06-12-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Oh noes not the MPS? Don't sound good if revs wont go over 2000.. I'snt the crash bar one of the things that can't be altered or its no longer road worthy/write off if smashed?

It's the MPS

That's what I have always thought but the assessor told me it's going into the workshop anyway and getting stripped and fully inspected because it is insured for 30 and they have to look at it carefully... and christmas is coming up so it's going to take forever.

Sigh...

The front crash bar is a bolt on item... I did this just before last Xmas...

My radiator was smooshed into the inlet manifold somewhat, the dipstick tube got mangled! (and the F@cking repairer didn't replace it!)... Otherwise motor is fine... RACV repaired it without issue.

Hope you didn't smash a headlight! $2K each... "Over night parts from Japan" my @ss... 3 months later...

Took 6 months to get the replacement headlight washer that the repairers lost!

The joys of imported cars.

[EDIT] Just realised... 1 year to the day yesterday I smashed mine! And yes it took 3 months to get it back [/EDIT]

Good Luck!

Chris.
    Last edited by Victa; 06-12-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Were you able to go over 2000 revs? I really hope they do write it off, my car won't ever be the same again

Default Re: Mazda 6 MPS crash bar

After the smash i drove it off the road and turned it off.

after that i didn't drive it again until i got it back, so i couldn't say...

Mine came back both better and worse... Brand new freshly painted front end, but some details lacking... The under bonnet ducting has been repaired not replaced... The above mentioned dipstick mangling... Nothing serious, but annoying...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Victa; 06-12-2012 at 10:15 PM.