User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda3 In Dash GPS/DVD/Ipod/Bluetooth/Reverse Camera

Blog Entries

Question Mazda3 In Dash GPS/DVD/Ipod/Bluetooth/Reverse Camera

Quote:
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Blog Entries

If anyone has the spare money get one and test it! I'd so want one but don't want some "el-cheapo" chinese thing made by a 10 year old on a friday who got paid 10c per day.

yeah i saw that too. i sent a mesage to them asking if it would fit straight in to the mps but they werent sure. sounds like they have used quality compnents in it though. if i knew for sure that it would be a streaight easy swap from the standard console i would seriously consider getting it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJunglist View Post
    yeah i saw that too. i sent a mesage to them asking if it would fit straight in to the mps but they werent sure. sounds like they have used quality compnents in it though. if i knew for sure that it would be a streaight easy swap from the standard console i would seriously consider getting it
    Mazda 3 and MPS are identical dash setups
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

I can get these for about $600AU. Quality control can be hit and miss...

where can i source this from?? i wouldnt mind this toy....

Holy Crap!
    I'm trying to get permission form the missus to buy a new Blackberry, don't see myself being allowed to splurge on that as well...

Would it be tax deductable?

Pretty sure that picture is taken from Polaris GPS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Pretty sure that picture is taken from Polaris GPS.
    Looks like it- and I noticed they had the 6 one for $700 including reverse camera.
    Quote:

yeah i am quite interested in getting one. any chance of a group buy guys? would this save us a bit of cost if we can find a few ppl interested?

Wow I didn't realise they dropped the price on the 6 one. It used to be 1300, then 1100 then 950. Wait a bit more and you could probably get it for 500 lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Wow I didn't realise they dropped the price on the 6 one. It used to be 1300, then 1100 then 950. Wait a bit more and you could probably get it for 500 lol.
    It is very tempting at $700 I must say...
    Quote:

13. Default

A guy here in ACT just put something like this in his RX8, looked great, looked like it was built for the car, fitted into the dash perfectly like Mazda made it that way. I will try and find out what it is and some pics on our next ACT meetup

TBH I don't know if it's worth even 700. It's a GPS/Nav, DVD player and reverse camera only. No Bluetooth or Ipod interface, the Nav system isn't that great and AFAIK can't be changed to something else. I might wait until it's cheaper...should be a couple more months.

15. Default

I played with a similar system at John Newell Mazda a few months ago. THey had fitted it to an SP23.. and its not a bad system.Its a bit slow though.. and the GPS is takes a long time to load...

PICS:

Also.. have to say.. fit isnt the best!. It doesnt fit flush with the AC panel for some odd reason. But everything works.. and u can stil use the audio control buttons

Blog Entries

Thanks for the pics DA looks hot, unfortunately fitments is never 100% even some of the dash kits for aftermarket H/U's are not crash hot.

Looks good though and whats that I see, Tyre Pressure Test??? !!

17. Default

lol. i pressed it... "No sensors found"

GPS system may fall over, authorities say | News | News.com.au

One in three motorists is already being sent the wrong way by satnav.
    Fail!

Blog Entries

GPS FTL!! Awesome! haha I knew I didn't trust those silly little talking boxes!

I'll be honest guys, I've tried nearly everything in my car, from refidex to Garmin Nuvi 310 with bluetooth and speaker to FULL Car PC with centrafuse front end (gps, blueothh, obd2, mp3, dvd etc etc) and a 7inch LCD screen.

comments:
    PC's in cars are a nightmare, imagine every pc issue you have ever had. now put it in a really really hot, vibrating and bumping box. And shake. Every bump has the potential to shag you HDD. The LCD screens are just not up to the temps we get in our cars, especially and QLD or WA summer.

I nearly bought the polaris. but no bluetooth for my phone, and I was unsure about the heat issue on the LCD. $850 + Shipping is a low as they will go (MZ6) - i pushed real hard

The good old Garmin Nuvi is great as a GPS, which is what its made for ($278 from dicksmith), bluetooth is poor.

My resolution:

Garmin Nuvi 310 GPS
    CD Stacker input (SD/USB or IPOD) for extra tunes at CD quality with full steering wheel control and it comes with bluetooth and microphone (IPOD) or using a 3.5mm cable from my blackberry storm to the USB/IPOD unit.

= Full hands free and as many tunes as you can get on a ipod or 8gb memory card with top notch sound and steering wheel control.

..and yes...I am selling the IPOD or SD/USB interfaces
    Last edited by EQ; 21-05-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast