User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda3 In Dash GPS/DVD/Ipod/Bluetooth/Reverse Camera

I think one of the main attractions though is the factory look and the fact you don't need to put it away every time you leave the car. With the number of car break ins, I wouldn't ever leave one of them exposed. I might try and see if there's ways to update the UI on those polaris units or maybe install a different OS.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=EQ;29385]
    I nearly bought the polaris. but no bluetooth for my phone, and I was unsure about the heat issue on the LCD. $850 + Shipping is a low as they will go (MZ6) - i pushed real hard

Now $700 with rev camera.

yea i messaged ppl on ebay about the fit and they were unsure. they told me to take measurements of my dash etc. made me a bit wary. am not that willing to part with $700 give or takeand have it not fit as well as the standard one.

The $700 Mazda6 one is guaranteed to fit and the material looks about 95% the same as stock. A friend of mine has it and it looked totally factory when I saw it last. I didn't look at the UI much so I'll make sure to check that out next time.

$700 for the 6.....jeez....if you want an all in one unit...bite their arms off. Thats SERIOUSLY good value for money. Still has limitauions - Operating system and not being expandable ie bluetooth etc, but still a great deal.

I paid $500 for the dodgy holygrail LCD monitor 12 months ago.

If anyone is going to buy something like this, take it from someone who has done warranty work with Chinese companies...buy it onshore and pay the extra....
    Last edited by EQ; 21-05-2009 at 10:01 PM.

FYI I spoke with Polaris today, supposedly they only have 2 left for the Mazda6. I don't know whether that's a sale pitch or the truth.

i'm looking at getting one of these AES 7" CAR RADIO DVD PLAYER GPS MAZDA 3 MAZDA3 SAT NAV - eBay, Navigation, GPS, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-May-10 16:47:11 AEST)
    as soon as the minister for finance approves it. any of you guys seen or herd of it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12